Ask
    finncabena112 Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Apr 20, 2012, 02:56 AM
    How long will it take to get divorced?
    How long will it take to get divorced?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Apr 20, 2012, 03:21 AM
    There is no way to answer that, there are too many factors. First I note that you are in Sydney Australia from another post. ANY question on law needs to include your general locale as laws vary by area.

Do you both agree to the divorce?
    Does Australia have no fault divorce?
    Is there going to be an issue about the division of assets.
    In another you post you indicated there was at least one child involved, will there be a custody problem?
    How backed up is your local divorce court?

All these among others will bear on how long the process takes.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

If you married in panama and divorced in united states are you legaly divorced [ 6 Answers ]

My husband was is in the army, and was stationed in panama and married a panamanian girl. He took her to USA and they separated a few years later. My husband has given her multipule copies of the divorce papers and she refuses to believe they are divorced and he remarried. She called him today...

Long time divorced parents still putting children in the middle [ 6 Answers ]

My parents have been divorced for almost 15 years. They have both since remarried and have moved on completely to different lives. I am the youngest of three kids at 21 yrs old. My sisters and I recently discussed with our grandparents, on our dads side, whether to invite our mother and step father...

New Immigrant getting divorced, how long before can remarry [ 1 Answers ]

I know someone who is new to Canada, Ontario to be more precise. She's not happy in her marriage. She is getting divorced, how long before she can remarry in a different country (India). Any suggestions!

How long must I be legaly separated from my husband before I can get divorced? [ 10 Answers ]

How long must I be legaly separated from my husband before I can get divorced?

Long Divorced and Still Wanting to Recconsile [ 2 Answers ]

My ex-wife and I split up 7 years ago. Neither one of us has ever had another serious relationship since then. It happened after our child was born. His mom wanted to be more than just a housewife, saying that she felt trapped and was not happy with her life. I no longer fit her plan. ...

View more questions Search