Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    crigby Posts: 4,343, Reputation: 107
    Outdoor Power Equipment Expert

Apr 19, 2012, 06:00 PM
    Montgomery Ward made by MTD
    I have an older montgomery ward riding mower with a 38" deck and the 12 hp tecumpsa motor. It was sitting outside for a long time. Anyway I got it running but it doesn't want to run right and the ignition switch won't shut it down. It surges and sometimes it will rev up pretty high and will smooths out but won't throttle down. Any suggestions?

On mine you have to move the deck adjustment lever forward one click to engage it.

Hi,
    I moved your posts out on their own since you added it to a 6 year old post. Your machine is made by MTD. Is the engine OHV? Found any numbers on that critter? It sounds like your problem to address is a dirty carb possibly with a sticking throttle shaft.
    Peace,
    Clarke

Check out some similar questions!

Montgomery ward furnace? [ 1 Answers ]

I Need to know if this furnace has a recall Mongomery Ward M # SRM54907A S# 52673-710 140-112 BTU Horizontal furnace (Appears like a consolidated type) Any recalls on this unit ? Please respond ASAP! Thanks Ray [email protected]

What year was montgomery ward sewing machine urr 269 made? [ 0 Answers ]

Still in working condition, no carrying case, metallic blue and cream colored with manual.

Old montgomery ward riding lawmowers [ 1 Answers ]

I have an older model Montgomery Ward Riding Lawnmower with a 10 HP Briggs and Stratton engine on it. If I turn the key, I get nothing. If I place a screw driver across the terminals on the starter solinoid in front of the seat, I can get it to start most times. Then it acts okay for a while and...

Trying to find the year made for a Montgomery Ward Sewing Machine. [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Montgomery Ward Sewing Machine as well. My model number is very clear. It is M84NS4598A. I am trying to find out what year it was made. It was given to me by my mother-n-law. Anyone know how to find out what year it is was made?

Old Montgomery Ward riding mower [ 1 Answers ]

We are trying to fix this old riding mower that we just acquired and we can't seem to figure out how the mower deck goes on. If anyone can give detailed instructions that would be great.

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.