Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Gumm Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 19, 2012, 02:19 PM
    Free help for seniors that need home work done
    My sister is 65, disabled. Lives in a private home and needs some small things done aouund the house for her. One extremely important item is replacing the backyard security light. She does not have enough income to pay someone to do this, and is very cautious who she lets in her home. She lives on the outskirts of Houston Texas. Do you know of any reputable agencies that can help?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 19, 2012, 02:42 PM
    Around the Chicago area, each suburb has a group of volunteer helpers to aid seniors with small housekeeping or repair jobs like this. Check with city hall to find out if they sponsor one or if there is such a group in the area. Another resource is the public library reference desk. They will know of any such volunteer groups. These volunteers will be vetted and not involved in scams.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Home repairs for seniors? [ 3 Answers ]

Is it possible to have a representative come to Senior Citizen group and give a presentation regarding Home repairs for seniors in Portsmouth VA

Home repairs for seniors [ 5 Answers ]

My husband and I are both retired and on fixed income we own a home that needs repairs Like the deck and railings our home insurance is treating to cancel if repairs are not done. Is there such a thing as a grant for home repairs?

View more questions Search