Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cb3po Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 19, 2012, 01:10 PM
    Main street sueing for credit card debt no longeron any credit report
    Can main street sue for credit card debt no longer on any of my credit reports. No listing of any accts they listed on suit.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 19, 2012, 01:15 PM
    Being on or not being on your credit report has nothing to do about owing the debt and them being able to sue you.

Have they actually filed a law suit or are they just threatening to do so.

How old is the debt and when was the last payment made.

When they sue ( if they sue) the debt may be too old ( out of SOL)
    If this is just a junk debt collector trying to threaten you, watch them if they try to get a judgement without legal notification

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Being sued for credit card debt by law firm representing credit card company [ 7 Answers ]

Well, its happened. I have received a summons for a credit card debt by law firm. I have to go to the county court house to talk with the clerk... (not sure what will happen,never been sued before)If I don't go within 20 days, they say they will start proceedings to garnishing my wages. I do owe...

Sueing me for credit card debt. [ 3 Answers ]

I had a credit card with bank of america and now I'm being sued by a collection agency. Can I fight this do to the fact I haven't signed a contract with them. Is there anyway out of them getting a judgement on me.

Old credit card sueing me? [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I recently served from an old credit card company, suing me. I had not heard from the company in over 4years. I had tried to resolve this debt years ago with no luck. Any advice. It is not the original company who I had applied with. How can I go about finding CA laws for lost debts? Is...

Credit card sueing me. [ 11 Answers ]

I posted my original problem on sept 28th, I received answers from two very nice people. Well here is the continuations. I answered the complaint from the lawyers office. I stated I have written them and have been sending checks to them and they were cashed. I do have a court date of jan....

View more questions Search