Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bluedicius Posts: 20, Reputation: 1

Dec 4, 2004, 06:25 PM
    testing solutions
    What mass of precipitate is produced by the reaction of 20.0mL of 0.210 mol/L sodium sulfide with an excess quantity of aluminum nitrate solution?

The two solutions provided react with each other and the resulting precipitate is separated by filtration and dried. The mass of the dried precipitate is determined.

A yellow precipitate resembling aluminum sulfide was formed.
    mass of filter paper = 0.97g
    mass of filter paper plus precipitate = 1.17g
    A few additional drops of the sodium sulfide solution added to the filtrate formed precipitate.

So far this is what I have for information to solving this problem, I'm lost from here.
    Na2S + Al(NO3)3 --> NaNO3 + Al2S3
    3Na2S + 2Al(NO3)3 --> 6NaNO3 + Al2S3
    20.0mL
    0.210mol/L

Thanks

Check out some similar questions!

Solutions to acid rain [ 1 Answers ]

I'm doing a report on the solutions to acid rain. I am wondering if anyone could help me find some solutions for acid rain and also tell me what it is. Thank you so much for your help! Also another thing that would be a big help is if you could gives me ideas on how to present my report. EX:...

Making buffer solutions [ 1 Answers ]

How do I prepare 50 mL of a .10M sodium bicarbonate/sodium carbonate buffer by weighing out and dissolving equimolar amounts of sodium bicarbonate and sodium carbonate in order to measure their pH?

Just testing [ 6 Answers ]

Any help would be great. Two story home, 2 bath built in 1990 upstairs; bottom shower and sink built in 2000. Live near swampland, and have well. New water softener 2 months ago. Read a thread that when bypass is put on softener and water comes out better, then possibly a clog somewhere? The lucky...

Sanity Solutions [ 1 Answers ]

I am making the transition from a life of business to one of a practicing scholar and my mind is like a ping pong ball. After 30 years of trying to "make it" in business, I decided last February to go back to school and add the "why" to my "how" experience. I have one more semester (4 courses) and...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.