Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    scribble1969 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 19, 2012, 07:51 AM
    Does a female friend need a medical/police report to get UK visa in Ghana
    I have been talking to a female friend in ghana,She is saying she needs a medical report and a Police report to get granted a visa to come to UK. Could you please let me no as I think I am getting screwed.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Apr 19, 2012, 07:53 AM
    You are being SCAMMED!!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 19, 2012, 07:57 AM
    Yes you are getting screwed. I hope you have not already sent any money.

Ghana is the largest place in the world for dating scams, they have rooms full of people often old ladies or men who pretend online to be lovely young women, or handsome men.

They either fake passports or use ones of family members or just steal or buy them from young people.

Often online you may be talking to three or four different people a week, who merely look over the copies of everything said and follow a written script of how to over a few months to trust them.

They start by asking for money for a passport, and a visa, ( normally) or they have a passport and will even send you a copy of it. While the actual cost ( depending on nation) is from 300 to 500 dollar for passport and visa, they often ask for a few thousand dollars.

Then even if they needed criminal history and a doctor, that would be less than 100 US dollars. Not 100's they ask for.

Next if you send that money, all of a sudden they need money in the bank ( or so they say) for a travel allowance. If you send all of that, all of a sudden you hear nothing for about two weeks, then you get a call or email, guess what they were robbed and are in the hospital. Now they need money for hospital and to replace the passport.

They keep doing that till you don't send any more money.
    scribble1969 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 19, 2012, 08:00 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Curlyben View Post
    You are being SCAMMED !!!
    Thanks for that answer I thought I was but wasn't sure, its OK I haven't sent any money what so ever and now not even going too.thanks again for that it just confirmed what I was thinking anyway... I must say they are good at it but not good enough to catch me out.
    THANKS AGAIN

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My girl friend in ghana she wonts to come here england to live ,can she get work visa [ 2 Answers ]

Hi my girlfreind is inghana and l won't to get her out ,is a working visa hard for her to get

Passport and visa police report and medical report [ 3 Answers ]

I meant a lady that id like to have come to the usa and I need to know the price of a visa passport ,police report and medical report any help p,lease

Letter to police for police report to insurance for my claims [ 2 Answers ]

I had an accident with my car while I was driving from my house to work. The other Driver admit his fault and we call the police to take the normal proceduer.After going through everything have now been ask by the police to write a letter to him asking a police report which I will used to ask for...

View more questions Search