Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jpettit09 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 19, 2012, 07:12 AM
    Spotting backache 8 weeks pregnant
    I am 8 weeks pregnant today, for the past 5 days I have had spotting that comes and goes ranging from dark red to pink to brown. For the last two days I have had a severe backache that will either bring tears to my eyes or make me vomit and then last night got a 100 degree temp and chills. I might also mention that I have had absolutely no pregnancy symptoms this whole time. I cannot get in to see my doctor for another two weeks and was wondering if this was cause for an er visit? I have two children and had one miscarriage in-between that was very quick and painless. Please any help would be appreciated!
    DaniCalifornia Posts: 655, Reputation: 152

Apr 19, 2012, 07:52 AM
    If I were you I'd head straight to a docs. Any kind of blood should be checked.

x Dani
    alkalineangel Posts: 2,391, Reputation: 323
    Ultra Member

Apr 19, 2012, 08:04 AM
    How do you know you are 8 weeks along? Was there an early ultrasound done where they saw sac in the uterus? Or was this just based on LMP? I agree with Dani, go to an ER or call your doc and ask for an emergency appointment, most OBGYN will have this. Good luck.

Apr 19, 2012, 09:02 AM
    I am going by lmp I am 28 and have always had "on the dot" periods. I had called my doctor and she advised me to go to ER... But didn't specify why that is why I asked on here... thank you guys, and I guess I will be heading to ER.
    alkalineangel Posts: 2,391, Reputation: 323
    Ultra Member

Apr 19, 2012, 10:28 AM
    Yes, go to the ER. Hopefully they will perform an ultrasound to make sure everything is as it should be. Good luck!

Apr 19, 2012, 05:11 PM
    Well thank you everyone for your replies, I went and fetus was only measuring 3 weeks gestation. I have a fibroid tumor in my uterus which will now have to be monitored to make sure it don't get any bigger. Have to go back for another ultrasound in one week to make sure it was an incomplete pregnancy before they medically intervene to remove it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

6 weeks pregnant and spotting [ 9 Answers ]

I am 6 weeks pregnant and last night around 10 pm I went to the bathroom to pee. Well when I finished I wiped and found pink blood on the tissue. I wiped again just to be sure and again it had pink blood on it ( a thick stripe). I have had the flu for the past few days so everything hurts,...

I'm 5 weeks pregnant and spotting [ 1 Answers ]

I'm about 5 weeks pregnant and was told I was going to have a miscarriage when I didn't have any bleeding I got worried and went back to the doctors they tested my blood and found out it was high, now they are saying I still could be pregnant. I had an ultrasound the next day and now they think it...

I'm five weeks pregnant but with spotting [ 26 Answers ]

Hi guys I am five weeks pregnant with slight pink spotting after I use the restroom with clear fluid discharge. I also had leg cramps with a lower backache yesterday but I'm OK today. Went to see the doc. The ultrasound shows the sac but doesn't show the foetus. The doc asked me to go for an...

I'm 5 weeks pregnant and spotting [ 4 Answers ]

I am a little over 5 weeks pregnant and I just started spotting. But I did have sex lastnight is this normal? My first ob appt isn't until July 15th.

Spotting at 25 weeks pregnant [ 2 Answers ]

Hello. I am 25 weeks pregnant. On Friday night after straining during during a bowel movement, I had some slight vaginal bleeding/spotting. I went into the emergency room and they did vaginal examination (where they saw some minor bleeding), an ultrasound (that turned out normal) and other blood...

View more questions Search