Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jordanbrookee Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 18, 2012, 07:18 PM
    Random spotting on birth control
    I have been taking birth control for about eight months. This new pack I started about twelve hours later than usual. I had sex the first week after my period and the second week after my period unprotected. I worked out for the first time in a long time on Sunday and since that day I have had brownish and a little bloody discharge. I'm freaked out a little I am pregnant, but I have also been under a lot of stress the past couple weeks. Could I still have spotting while on because or could I be pregnant?
    alkalineangel Posts: 2,391, Reputation: 323
    Ultra Member

Apr 19, 2012, 04:34 AM
    Breakthrough bleeding is common with birth control. I would say, given how long you have been on the pill, and that you weren't terribly late in starting the new pack, that you are probably safe. Normally the lack of a period is an indicator of pregnancy, NOT spotting. That being said, many women conceive while on the pill (myself included) and normally it has something to do with how accurately the pill was taken, or whether antibiotics were taken as well. Unfortunately, no one here will be able to tell you if you are pregnant. You will hae to wait for a missed period and then take a HPT. If you don't miss a period, I would say you are fine. Good luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Birth control, unexplained spotting [ 0 Answers ]

Unexplained spottting 2 times after sex, then one day light spotting 5 days after my missed period. And no more at all since, I have been on lutera for 4 months, I didn't have anything abnormal like this happen in the previous months. I have taken my pill regularly. Should I worry? Should I...

Unusual spotting on birth control [ 0 Answers ]

I've been on the same birth control for about a year or so now - never had any problems. I'm on the kind that eliminates your period. About a month ago, I took the pill at night instead of the morning and to be sure I was safe, took a plan b. I spotted for consistently for a few days after that...

Birth control, period, spotting [ 0 Answers ]

I just got done with my monthly period yesterday which lasted a couple days longer than normal which I just figured that was because I missed one of my birth control pills while I was on my period. Once I realized I no longer had my period my boyfriend and I had unprotected sex. During the day...

Spotting while on birth control [ 1 Answers ]

I am on my third pack of birth control, and today I noticed I was spotting brown colored blood. What does this mean?

View more questions Search