Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    danceforme123 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Apr 18, 2012, 10:01 AM
    Curing A Urinary Tract Infection
    We just took my 12 year old daughter out of school because she had another UTI. I was wondering how to cure this quickly at home.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Apr 18, 2012, 10:06 AM
    Home treatment can be ineffective and potentially dangerous if this is "another" UTI. That UTL can cause a kidney infection.

Take her to a Physician.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 18, 2012, 10:08 AM
    I'm with Judy on this. Please take her to a doctor and let him diagnose and treat her.

Apr 18, 2012, 10:08 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    Home treatment can be ineffective and potentially dangerous if this is "another" UTI. That UTL can cause a kidney infection.

Take her to a Physician.
    It's not that serious, the first time we took her to the doctors. He said to come back anytime it gets worse. She eating yogurt drinking water and cranberry juice. This is just a small infection we just need it to clear up quickly.
    Thank You for your advice.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 18, 2012, 10:10 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by danceforme123 View Post
    It's not that serious
    How do you know this? This isn't her first UTI. AND you had to take her out of school? Sounds serious to me.

Apr 18, 2012, 10:11 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    I'm with Judy on this. Please take her to a doctor and let him diagnose and treat her.
    We spoke to our doctor and are going to pick up a prescription that will clear it up in a couple hours. Thank You

Apr 18, 2012, 10:13 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    How do you know this? This isn't her first UTI. AND you had to take her out of school? Sounds serious to me.
    Thanks for you help.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 18, 2012, 10:15 AM
    I had a UTI once and hope I never have another one. I remember the pain and the inconvenience, the loss of sleep, the fear of drinking anything that would make me have to use the bathroom. I feel bad for your daughter and hope she is better soon.

Apr 18, 2012, 10:17 AM
    Thank you. Yes we had gone through that the first time. I am thankful my daughter doesn't snap easily.
    DaniCalifornia Posts: 655, Reputation: 152

Apr 18, 2012, 10:21 AM
    UTI's are horrible. I had no idea what it was when I initially had one.

I took sachets of cranberry medicine I got from the pharmacy. Talk to them in the chemist, they'll be able to tell you what's best.

x Dani
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Apr 18, 2012, 11:10 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by danceforme123 View Post
    It's not that serious, the first time we took her to the doctors. He said to come back anytime it gets worse. She eating yogurt drinking water and cranberry juice. This is just a small infection we just need it to clear up quickly.
    Thank You for your advice.

Care to hear my experience last Summer when I was on a cruise and ate yogurt, drank water and cranberry juice - and ended up with a kidney infection?

How do you know it's a "small" infection? Or did the school do a culture before it sent her home?

I realize you have various problems with your daughter - https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/parent...ng-652089.html - and parenting. Is this any part of your reluctance to seek medical help?

Maybe I would practice medicine on myself. I would not practice on my children.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I think I have a urinary tract infection.. What do I do? [ 4 Answers ]

I have burning on my vagina.. And I feel like I hacve to pee but nthing comes out and I ma 15

Urinary tract infection [ 1 Answers ]

I believe I have a urinary tract infection. I have to go to the bathroom what seems like every 5mins and I have vaginal pain and when I go I have light bleeding and pain. Do I need to go into the ER or can I get something over the counter

Urinary tract infection? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I had a urinary tract infection which dr give me medicine for. Now I am havinf discomfort and burning. What is causing that?

Urinary Tract Infection [ 3 Answers ]

What's the problem if you can't get rid of a urinary tract infection. I've taken antibiotics 3 times. What's going on with me? Am I dying?

Urinary Tract Infection? [ 3 Answers ]

I think I may have a UTI, but I am not sure. I don't feel any burning when I urinate or have a STRONG urge to go to the bathroom though. I've noticed that if I just move around I feel like I have to pee but not like a strong urge, just a little. It bothers me though. And yesturday I drank like a...

View more questions Search