Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Aug2470 Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Apr 17, 2012, 08:39 PM
    Is this Ghana passport real?
    Sirs. I need to knoe if this passport real & do u have to pay a travel allowance to leave Ghana?
    Attached Images

J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Apr 17, 2012, 08:52 PM
    I hope you haven't sent her any money yet. Ghana is one of the #1 worldwide scam locations.
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Apr 17, 2012, 09:07 PM
    That looks photoshopped to me. J is right, Ghana is well known for scams... don't send any money.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Apr 17, 2012, 10:38 PM
    That's one of the WORST ones I've seen in a while!!
    COMPLETE FAKE.

The Picture is illegal, for starters.
    The type face used is just plain WRONG
    And the while thing is a bad bodge job..

Apr 18, 2012, 05:47 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    I hope you haven't sent her any money yet. Ghana is one of the #1 worldwide scam locations.
    Well She Got Me For About $620.00 What stop me was the traveling allowance. She Like To Had me All The Way. Now I Know... I'll Pay With her/him a Little.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Apr 18, 2012, 05:51 AM
    Don't bother. They see people like you 40 times a day everyday. Best to cut of all contact, lick your wounds and chalk it up to a valuable lesson learned.

Apr 18, 2012, 05:52 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Curlyben View Post
    That's one of the WORST ones I've seen in a while !!!
    COMPLETE FAKE.

The Picture is illegal, for starters.
    The type face used is just plain WRONG
    and the while thing is a bad bodge job..
    I didn't know why I didn't see that. The Date look printed over a little. She got me for some money. But I'll see can I play with her a little now. She has called me a lot that what got me. I knew she looked to good to b true DAMN.

Apr 18, 2012, 05:57 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma View Post
    Don't bother. They see people like you 40 times a day everyday. Best to cut of all contact, lick your wounds and chalk it up to a valuable lesson learned.
    Yes... U rite. They don't have any feeling for anyone. Thanks God I know now. I still would like to play with her/him a little. I need to get some fun out of this too. Then I'll feel like I got my money back. LOL
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Apr 18, 2012, 06:05 AM
    Here, have fun: ScamBaiting at it's finest - Fighting 419 Email Scammers - Nigerian Fraudsters :-)
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 18, 2012, 06:09 AM
    Sorry for the loss of money, on the next scam in a moth or two after they know, you are not going to send money and/or when they know you have found out. Someone will email you that sounds like they are from the US emmbassy or from the Ghana government, and that they have gotten some of your money back or there is a fund to help you get your money back but guess what you have to send >>> dollars to get that money.

Next do be cautious they are good at what they do, they have prepared scripts that have a answer to any question you ask.

Apr 18, 2012, 07:39 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    Sorry for the loss of money, on the next scam in a moth or two after they know, you are not going to send money and/or when they know you have found out. someone will email you that sounds like they are from the US emmbassy or from the Ghana government, and that they have gotten some of your money back or there is a fund to help you get your money back but guess what you have to send >>> dollars to get that money.

next do be cautious they are good at what they do, they have prepared scripts that have a answer to any question you ask.
    WoW.. Thanks for the info... I'll b watching for them. I hope they do contect me, I want to play now. LOL

Apr 18, 2012, 08:00 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma View Post
    Thanks, I'll check it out.

Apr 18, 2012, 08:07 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    Sorry for the loss of money, on the next scam in a moth or two after they know, you are not going to send money and/or when they know you have found out. someone will email you that sounds like they are from the US emmbassy or from the Ghana government, and that they have gotten some of your money back or there is a fund to help you get your money back but guess what you have to send >>> dollars to get that money.

next do be cautious they are good at what they do, they have prepared scripts that have a answer to any question you ask.
    Thanks, I'll Be looking for them. I want to play a little now. Until they catch on to me. Lol
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Apr 18, 2012, 05:45 PM
    I don't suppose this will do any good but I feel I have to say it...

I spent years "scam baiting" (and still do it from time to time) and I learned a lot from very knowledgeable people before I started it. I belonged to a group who did this to try and waste scammers time and resources as much as possible to keep their victim count a little bit lower.

Anyway, believe it or not, messing with them is not completely safe. As a baiter, it works because you are already aware of the dangers you are dealing with and you take steps to prevent problems in advance. You use a fictitious name, a throwaway untraceable email address, and tricks to use a phone without the number being traced by them (I will not reveal this part).

You, are not a baiter... you are in danger if you wish to "play" with them. You don't have the knowledge or the precautions in place. They already know your real name. They know your address. They know your phone number. Basically, they have you if they want you. You are best at this point to simply drop it and forget about it, lesson learned. They will be happy with the money they got from you and be done with it as well. However, if you try messing with them and they have all your information, it is possible that they will do something about it.

Far fetched? They're over there and I'm over here? Can't happen? Yes, it can happen. Will it? Probably not but do you want to find out the hard way? Let it go and stop all contact with them.

Read Scam Baiting Dangers

Apr 19, 2012, 05:19 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by odinn7 View Post
    I don't suppose this will do any good but I feel I have to say it....

I spent years "scam baiting" (and still do it from time to time) and I learned a lot from very knowledgeable people before I started it. I belonged to a group who did this to try and waste scammers time and resources as much as possible to keep their victim count a little bit lower.

Anyway, believe it or not, messing with them is not completely safe. As a baiter, it works because you are already aware of the dangers you are dealing with and you take steps to prevent problems in advance. You use a fictitious name, a throwaway untraceable email address, and tricks to use a phone without the number being traced by them (I will not reveal this part).

You, are not a baiter....you are in danger if you wish to "play" with them. You don't have the knowledge or the precautions in place. They already know your real name. They know your address. They know your phone number. Basically, they have you if they want you. You are best at this point to simply drop it and forget about it, lesson learned. They will be happy with the money they got from you and be done with it as well. However, if you try messing with them and they have all your information, it is possible that they will do something about it.

Far fetched? They're over there and I'm over here? Can't happen? Yes, it can happen. Will it? Probably not but do you want to find out the hard way? Let it go and stop all contact with them.

Read Scam Baiting Dangers
    Thanks for the heads up on that. I I've in a sercure are,because I'm a correctional officer. So if they want some let them bring it. I have all king of goodys here @ home if you know what I mean. I will do my homework on it, so I want be so clueless. But I think she/he know I on to her, cause I ask can I see her on webcam & she keep talking about I'm not trust her. I told her trust have nothing to do with it. It's all about putting the face with the picture.The last email I got from was I'll talk to you later. I will keep you up dated on this if she contact me again, witch I doubt.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I tell if a Ghana passport is real [ 9 Answers ]

How do I tell if a Ghana passport is real...

How can you tell a fake Ghana passport from a real one? [ 3 Answers ]

What does a real Ghana passport look like as opposed to a fake one?

Is this a real Ghana Passport [ 5 Answers ]

I was sent this passport from a woman in Ghana Does this look like a real passport Not signed on the top and does not look like the picture is attached right Thanks for any help David

View more questions Search