Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jamiepc Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 17, 2012, 08:28 AM
    Graphics card not sending signal to monitor in Svga or VGA but does with HDMI
    Hi Guys,

Looking for some trouble shooting my Graphics Card. Everything has been working fine for a couple of years now, but I returned from a work trip and one of my moniters (connected through VGA) had stopped receiving a signal. Today I moved the cables around and the SVGA has now stopped sending a signal to the monitor. I have checked the monitors with laptops and they are working fine. I connected my desktop to the TV through the HDMI slot and this worked, but again through the VGA I had no luck.

I tried removing the card and cleaning then reseating, but still the monitors are not receiving a signal.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I could try next? Any help would be greatly appreciated
    cmeeks Posts: 754, Reputation: 64

Apr 18, 2012, 04:32 AM
    Make sure you have the most recent driver for the video card. Go to the manufactures website and download the manufactures driver and install it

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

No VGA Signal - Monitor Going To Sleep [ 9 Answers ]

Hello, I am having problems with my monitor! The PC works fine for an unspecified period but then all of a sudden the monitor will flash up the message "No VGA Input Signal" and will then go to sleep. There seems to be no way of getting the PC to wake up again once it's done this and I'm left...

No VGA signel built in graphics card [ 10 Answers ]

My computer which is a S3123W hp dose not start up and the screen say it has no VGA single I tried resting the BIos as hp said to do F10 5 seconds F5 enter than F10 enter and nothing happens steal the same and than they said to reset the graphics card which is built in so how can I reset it if this...

HDMI.VGA.DVI.where do they go and what do they do? [ 2 Answers ]

I have a new HP PC and flat screen monitor. The instructions I have did not explain clearly enough to me as I am not computer proficient. Could someone out there explain, in easy to follow instructions, the hookup of the various cables I have and what, specfically, they do? 1. I have one...

Monitor/Graphics card [ 1 Answers ]

If the monitor is plugged in then it works fine (I get the self diagnostics window), although when it is plugged into PC it fails to leave standby mode. Is this just a dead graphics card? PC boots up but obviously I can't see anything to diagnose the problem. Thanks in advance

VGA Monitor - "No Signal" w/New Mobo, CPU & Ram [ 2 Answers ]

The Preamble: My old computer: ASRock K7VM2 mobo with 2GB DDR, AMD 2400+, stock CPU fan and heatsink. I was installing a PCI wireless adapter into this mobo as per the adapter's manual. After installing the software I was supposed to turn off the computer and install the PCI card, then...

View more questions Search