Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    1jennifer89 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 16, 2012, 06:07 PM
    Boyfriend Cheated, Having Baby
    My boyfriend and I have been involved for 6 years when we initially dated for a year but then broke up due to distance. Since then we've wanted to be together but I was scared of the distance being a factor again. Towards the end of my college senior year, we reunited even though he serves in the Air Force and was out of the country. He returned 3mos later, came home for 2 weeks then returned to his base across the country where his exgirlfriend from the year before lives. Pretty much, I found out he had been cheating on me with her for 2mos and she's pregnant. I broke up with him. For the past month, he's been pleading and trying different things to be with me. His babymama wants to make it a family but he refused. Right now I'm trying to focus making myself happy but was wondering what if 1-2 yrs from we still want to be together and he's still waiting for me to forgive him? Is this wrong or should I take a leap if faith?
    Rebecca90 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 16, 2012, 08:04 PM
    I've have to say... you need to forgive him but right now focus on you and then see how things go in a couple of years or so. But don't go back to him right away see if he truly means that he is sorry then make your decision from there.
    myownopinion Posts: 7, Reputation: 2

Apr 16, 2012, 09:10 PM
    That is a really tough situation but you have to ask yourself, "Am I okay with getting back with him and dealing with his baby moma?" Chances are if she is going to keep it, you're going to have to be apart of this triangle.

You asked yourself "wondering what if 1-2 yrs from we still want to be together and he's still waiting for me to forgive him?" Not to sound mean but he did cheat on you and knocked up the woman he cheated on you with! Sweetie you deserve so much better than that! No matter how hard the love of my life begged me after doing that to me I would never forgive and be able to go back to him.

He is begging you because YOU broke it off with him. He feels powerless and is now feeling like he messed up.. because he did! Do not be weak and keep away from him. If you let him back in your life that close to you again your putting yourself at risk of getting hurt again, and bringing more drama into your life with HIS baby moma. You deserve better and believe me, another guy out there will love you just as much, and not take you for granted by cheating on you..

Plus he cheated on you with unprotected sex. That alone is horrible! It really means he had no respect for you. Imagine if you were to have never found out about him cheating on you, and even worst given you an STD.

To me this doesn't sound like he loves you, yes we all make mistakes but now he is going to have a kid with somebody else!! This wasn't just a one time cheating affair and able to "move on" and forget it situation. But if you truly think you can forgive him and be able to deal with his baby and baby moma and think that he is absolutely the one for you. Then sure take him back and risk him cheating again. If you are doubting taking him back and will know you will have issues than I say no.
    OneLife1 Posts: 18, Reputation: 3

Apr 16, 2012, 09:55 PM
    I don't think one should get in the way of a family. If things might work out with the other girl, you got to try to let them work out. Im sure if you persist to not be with him, he ll eventually go back to his baby mama.
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

Apr 17, 2012, 06:24 AM
    You need to move on. He made his bed by cheating and nowhe wants you more because you don't want him. If he really wanted to be with you he would have fully committed himself without cheating on you for 2 months. So what would have happen if you never would have found out?

Life is too short for drama. You have a whole life ahead of you without getting caught up in someone else crap.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do you know your boyfriend has cheated on you when you were away? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I'm crystal I have been going out with my boyfriend for 1 year 7 months but I went away with my family for a week and when I got bak he told me he went to his ex girlfriend house he said nothing happened but I was texting his ex girlfriend and she said they had sex but I don't know if he did or...

Boyfriend(now husband) cheated now there is a baby [ 11 Answers ]

I don't know what to do. My husband cheated on me for months (maybe a year) and ended up with the other woman being pregnant and having his child. He swears that he has ended things. I believed him, just like I believed him when he said he ended things before and she got pregnant. The baby is...

Husband cheated and has a baby with my friend [ 7 Answers ]

My husband cheated on me and lied. She had a baby in September of 2007. I found out the baby was his in November of 2007. She had been my friend and is my neighbor who lives behind me. I had to sell my house, get rid of all my animals, move to a rental home. I cannot take it anymore. They changed...

He cheated I still love him and there's a baby involved what do I do? [ 2 Answers ]

:mad: I have been with my boyfriend for 2 years now, things were good but then I fell pregnant at five months pregnant he went weird then I found out him and my "best friend":mad: had a little thing going on I let it go he said it was nothing then 2 months after my son was born we had a major...

View more questions Search