Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bcrum Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 16, 2012, 05:12 PM
    20 yr architectural shingle
    Does anyone know if there has ever been a 20 architectural shingle manufactured. Insurance says I have a 20 year architectural shingle om my roof but several roof companies say there was never a 20 yr architectural shingle made.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 16, 2012, 06:07 PM
    Architectural Roof Shingles from GAF | The Home Depot - Model 106180

So you know what contractors not to use if they are not aware of shingle made, in fact the 20 year was one of the most popular one for years.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Apr 16, 2012, 07:03 PM
    Where are you located? Your insurance company seems to know more about shingles than your roofer.
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Apr 18, 2012, 04:46 PM
    Be careful here. The operative word here is architectural shingle.

See this web site for the difference in characteristics of architectural and regular shingles and the normal life expectancy of architectural shingles.

Architectural Shingles,

Don't think what Chuck put up is architectural, just regular three tab shingle.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Patch a shingle Roof [ 4 Answers ]

If you have a 30 year roof with two layers, can you patch it if there are approximately 8 squares that are damaged?

Chemotherapy during shingle pain? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi All, My friend has been diagnosed with oral cancer. He is presently undergoing chemotherapy for the same.He has just recovered from shingles which affected one side of his face and suffers from Postherpetic neuralgia . The doctor has scheduled the next round of chemotherapy. I would like to...

Can I use a dimensional shingle for starter shingle, hkstroud. [ 4 Answers ]

Me again, What I meant to ask is, can you use the bottom half of a dimensional shingle for the starter strip? Or could this cause a leaking problem? Thank you

Shingle recall [ 2 Answers ]

My shingles were put on in 1999. They were purchased from menards. I bought the house about a year & 1/2 ago. All of the shingle are curling up. Is there a recall or rebate on the shingles. If so who & how do I go about this.

Redoing shingle roof [ 3 Answers ]

Hi,the question I have today is about doing shingle roof in the winter,as I heard that if it is too Cold the shingles will not seal at the tar joint,it is in the middle to low 30's to 40's here in Washington state,thanks'

View more questions Search