Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sic1990 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 16, 2012, 01:36 PM
    Can I get unemployment if I had unemployment then got a 1099 and then lost my job?
    Hello, I was wondering if I can still get unemployment if I used to have and it got extended but I started working as a sub contractor and then lost my job. May I go back and still collect that unemployment?

Thanks...
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Apr 16, 2012, 01:47 PM
    What State?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

If I am on a 1099 can I still get unemployment if I get fired from a job [ 3 Answers ]

My husband was laid off since June 1st.His boss called him Friday saying they want him to come back to work on Monday but he has to fill out a 1099.Our question is if he is on a 1099 and they lay him off again will he be able to collect unemployment still? He is currently on unemployment.

Unemployment - 1099 [ 3 Answers ]

I was laid off last summer and been looking for work ever since. I was recently offered a position that would be a 1099 sales gig. I am currently collecting mass unemployment. Can I start working this other gig while still on unemployment and collect any difference in pay between what I make on...

Unemployment as 1099? [ 2 Answers ]

I was laid off yesterday due to company closing and elimination of my position. I have already received a job offer part time as a 1099. In the state of GA, can a person still draw unemployment benefits if working part time as a 1099?

1099 and unemployment [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I have been working for this company about 3 yrs. I started on the books. The last 3 months or so I have been switched to 1099 pay. I read another Q&A that said I can’t collect unemployment if I get laid of now that I’m 1099. If I get laid off am I not eligible to collect for the previous...

Can I collect unemployment if I'm 1099? [ 1 Answers ]

I started working as a full time W-2 employee for a small business owner in 2003. I'm the only full time employee. Four years being W-2 my shady boss moves her business in her home. She did not have a permit to run her business from her home and started to get in trouble so she changed me to 1099...

View more questions Search