Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mylink Posts: 17, Reputation: 0

Apr 16, 2012, 12:07 PM
    amortization
    building 190,000 estimated life 40yrs residual value 8,000 need amortization for 3 months do I divide or mulitipy. Thanks
    pready Posts: 3,197, Reputation: 207
    Ultra Member

Apr 16, 2012, 12:41 PM
    First you take the cost of the building less the residual value(salvage value) to get the depreciable base, then take this number and divide it by 40 years to ge the depreciation per year. To get 3 months of depreciation take your depreciaiton per year and times it by 3(number of months/12(to get yearly rate to a montly rate) to get your answer.
    mylink Posts: 17, Reputation: 0

Apr 16, 2012, 04:40 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by pready View Post
    First you take the cost of the building less the residual value(salvage value) to get the depreciable base, then take this number and divide it by 40 years to ge the depreciation per year. To get 3 months of depreciation take your depreciaiton per year and times it by 3(number of months/12(to get yearly rate to a montly rate) to get your answer.
    Thanks

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Amortization of insurance [ 0 Answers ]

If an insurance covers a period of 6 months (or any less than a year), should it be amortized by the number of months it covers, or by 12 months in all cases?

Amortization Expense [ 6 Answers ]

At the end of the journal entries to be made, it states: Information for adjusting entries: 1. The equipment had a useful life of 8 years, with no residual value after 8 years. So if the equipment was worth 60,000 at the end of 2005, and the journal entries are for the end of 2006, would you...

Amortization [ 1 Answers ]

Can I use amortization for a security system just put in for a small business.. how do I do it?

View more questions Search