Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    marcburrows Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 16, 2012, 04:08 AM
    Computer monitor distorting
    Hi, I'm getting really weird monitor interference- I bought a new Apple Macmini and an AOC F22+ Monitor last week. I get a weird shivering of the screen every couple of minutes for random amounts of time at random intervals. The picture sort of wobbles and shivers, splitting into thin horizontal bars, like some sort of interference or distortion. So far I have...

- Contacted AOC who have sent me a replacement monitor. The new one has the same problem, including changing the VGA cable.
    - Took the machine downstairs and plugged it into my flatscreen, testing both the VGA port and the HDMI- both had no problems with about an hours observation.
    - Tried plugging the power cable into it's own wall socket, not sharing an extension cable with any other appliances. Same result.
    - Tried elevating both the monitor and computer off the desk itself. Same result.
    - Tried moving the external hard drive I use off the desk- no change.
    - Disconnected my desk speakers and moved them away. No change.

I'm baffled. Could AOC simply have sent me two faulty monitors in a row?

Any help greatly appreciated.
    Thanks
    Marc B
    cmeeks Posts: 754, Reputation: 64

Apr 16, 2012, 04:13 AM
    Lower the refresh rate it is listed after the resolution try 60 htz

Apr 16, 2012, 04:16 AM
    Thanks... it seems to be 'locked' at 60htz anyway- all other options are greyed out.

(running OS x 10.7.3 if that helps)

Apr 16, 2012, 05:42 AM
    UPDATE: This is what it looks like: Wibbley monitor - YouTube

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Computer monitor as TV monitor [ 1 Answers ]

I am replacing my desktop monitor with a larger, wide screen type. Is there a way I can use my old monitor (flat screen) as a television monitor? Is there a cable available to make the transition from a tuner or vcr to the monitor? Is there another device needed to make the transition? Thank...

Trying to use a computer monitor as a TV [ 3 Answers ]

I have a Samsung lcd monitor I would like to use as a TV there are rca and s video hook ups as well as a serial port. I am trying to find some sort of adapter to allow a connection from a regular coax cable. I tried an RF converter with no luck. Any sugestion? Thanks

New Monitor and old computer [ 2 Answers ]

My computer does not start the desktop when installing new monitor. It does not even recognize it as a new hardware. Thanks for your help, Drbill

Computer monitor [ 4 Answers ]

Hi my monitor is upside down. Please help!! Thanks When my computer starts up its fine but then when it gets to my page its upside down.

Computer monitor [ 2 Answers ]

Hi my monitor is upside down. Please help!! Thanks

View more questions Search