Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Ohdearyme Posts: 3, Reputation: 3

Apr 16, 2012, 02:36 AM
    I might have slept with someone the night he left me
    Right, so it was a long distance relationship and had been going pretty well for nearly 5 months and we had, had sex and I know I was truly in love with him. Then for a week he decides not to text me much, he says he feels bad for not texting me. He writes a status on Facebook about someone coming back into his life, so I confront him about it and he tells me not to make a big deal out of it, I ask him if he thinks he can't talk to me anymore he just says whatever. This is about 10:00am, at about 11:00pm he still hasn't text me so I message him saying sorry for prying.

The next morning I go on holiday, while I'm travelling I receive a text saying 'but we can still be friends right'mediately I respond asking if this means he's breaking up with me. Apparently he wrote and sent an essay explaining things but I hadn't received it so he resents it. I reply 'yeah that's understandable, but I still love you and if you ever change your mind, I'll always want you back' he didn't reply. I went out drinking with friends that night, I was really cut up that he hadn't bothered to reply and though maybe he just didn't care anymore, I remember going into a club but then I don't remember anything till waking up in a guys apartment, on a bed on my own with my underwear on and my dress folded on the bedside table, I immediately put my dress on and left for my apartment where I was staying.

My ex then texts me two days later, just general chitchat but I'd kind of got over him but talking to him reminded me of how much I loved him. The next night I go out and get drunk again then send him texts saying I love him and that by texting me he's not helping me get over him, the next morning I send a text apologising, no reply. Then it comes to a week since he broke up with me and I receive a text saying 'you've blown it' I ring him he won't pick up I text him he says he found out I slept with someone the night he left me and that I can't have loved him, we have an argument, I send apology after apology with no reply.

The next night I send him an angry text he replys and we talk it out somewhat. He says he only wanted a break, but that hadn't been clear in the message he sent me, or in the signals he gave off by not replying and such. He says he was planning on getting back with me, but now I've done this he can't. The thing is I don't even know myself what went on in that flat, I was with my friends and they'd never usually let me do anything stupid. I came home a couple of days ago, but they stayed longer, so I'll have to ask them when they come home. Do you think I'm in the wrong? :(
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

Apr 16, 2012, 06:43 AM
    First, getting drunk never solves anything as you can see. It leads to doing stupid things that you wouldn't do if you were sober. Example, sleeping with a random dude. You place yourself in danger so don't do that again. Also, the angry texting needs to stop.

Of course, he is going say 'he was considering taking you back until he fpund out with you when you were drunk'. However, his past actions and words prove different. And in return, it is getting under your skin more.

Life doesn't have a reset button so the only thing you can do is learn from your life experinces and move forward. If someone wants to be with you they would and will do so without the games. So with that being said, let him go and there is no need to contact him anymore. Your not in a place where you can even be friends with him even though he suggest this before the club thing.

Also, as far as your roomates go you can can't hold them accountable for actions. However, I wonder how he knew what happen after you left the club. Rethink who your friends are and control your alcohol intake. Best of luck!
    mmresd Posts: 2,002, Reputation: 553
    Ultra Member

Apr 16, 2012, 10:40 AM
    Yes, you shouldn't depend on anyone else to keep you safe, and if you can't handle the alcohol I would recommend staying away.

This relationship is done, keep busy and move on. Go no contact, he was right in that by texting you he is not helping you move on. He has moved on already.

Apr 18, 2012, 04:46 AM
    Thank you for your replies, I contacted him last night just to let him know that I found out it was a case of my friends not being able to get me home so they took me to their friends accommodation and nothing had happened. He said it didn't make any difference which was fair enough, and I told him I wanted a straight answer as to whether he would ever want to be with me in the future, he beat around the bush and I just told him to give me a yes, or a no. He said at this very moment no. I replied, thank you for being honest, I've deleted him from all my social networks and off my phone, thank you for your replies, I will steer clear of the alcohol in future, just, thank you really :) <3
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 18, 2012, 06:27 AM
    I will say that he was ending this relationship before any of this happened and you know it. He merely found a way of making you the "bad guy"

Apr 18, 2012, 12:58 PM
    Thank you x I'm going on a date with someone different soon anyway so that should be nice x thank you for everyone's advice <3
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 18, 2012, 10:45 PM
    You deserve a lot of credit not letting him guilt trip you, what a goof.
    Stellaw Posts: 171, Reputation: -1

Apr 19, 2012, 12:12 AM
    Now he's making your mistake an excuse of not getting back with you. It's his fault not you. Everyone feels vulnerable if broken hearted or dumped. Your fault was, you were not that strong enough in making the right decision instead you got drunk.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dumped by text day after I upped and left in middle of night,is he angry at me [ 6 Answers ]

My boyfriend of 3 and a half yrs have afew issues,neither of us will say what we really want. I'm 48 and he's 41,I have 2 kids iving at home he resides on his own. Hes asked me a couple of times to move in with him but the house is half the size of mine,I've never asked him to live with me as I...

I think my friend slept with my ex the other night [ 18 Answers ]

OK so this has really been stopping me from moving on, but I think my ex slept with on of my best mates on Sunday night. I saw that they were about to leave the club 2gtehr but they saw me and walked back in. I then went down to him and she ran out. He never went home that night because I stayed in...

Hey my names courtney I'm 17 and my dad hit me with a belt Monday night and left marks [ 24 Answers ]

Hey my names courtney and I'm 17 my dad hit me with a belt Monday night and left marks on me I told the school and they called cys and put me on the "saftey plan" but it didn't help in fact it made my situation worse because this morning when I got up he told me tonight when I get off the bus he...

She slept through most of the night [ 3 Answers ]

It was like she as reading my mind. I broke down into tears a couple of times yesterday to the thought of "I can't do this anymore" and I was preparing myself to find her a new home. But she slept in her crate for the majority of the night. She woke up at 12, took to potty and back to the crate,...

View more questions Search