Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    AdrianCavinder Posts: 55, Reputation: 1

Apr 16, 2012, 12:27 AM
    A question on geometric sequences?
    Hi, I am tutoring the UK curriculum for AS (11th grade) Level Mathematics and came upon this question which has stumped me. Any help would be appreciated.

An infinite geometric series has a first term a and sum to infinity b, where b ≠ 0. Prove that a lies between 0 and 2b.

Now I can work out that the StI is b = a/(1 - r) but I’m not sure how to proceed from here. Any help would be most appreciated. Thanks.

Check out some similar questions!

Sequences [ 2 Answers ]

Sequences and Series [ 1 Answers ]

Question 1 Write the equation of the arithmetic sequence defined by a1 = 3 and a4 = 0. (write your answer in the form an= and please do NOT use spaces) Question 2 What is the common ration of the sequence? -2, 2, -2, 2,.

Arithmetic Sequences [ 1 Answers ]

As a first year teacher, my initial wage was $51, 500 and it increased by a fixed amount of $2, 100 each year. a) Find the amount of my wage in my 7th year of teaching. t7 = $63600 b) In my 7th year of teaching, what is the percentage increase of my wage? Please help me - I have no...

Sentence sequences [ 5 Answers ]

Can anyone please help me figure out the next three terms or the rules for any of the following sequences? 1) 1/2, 1/2, 3/8, 1/4, 5/32 2)-2, -3/2, -6/5, -1.5, -6/7 3) -6, -2, 0, 1, 3/2 4) -6, -3, -2, -3/2, -6/5

Sequences [ 1 Answers ]

I need to determine a sequence or maybe a series for the depreication of a new car, it depreciates by 20% in its first year, each succeeding year it depreciates by 10%. Assume the car is still in good working condition after 10 years. If the car cost $25000, calculate the value of the car after...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.