Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    flowerchildfala Posts: 96, Reputation: 16

Apr 15, 2012, 07:06 PM
    Can my relationship be fixed?
    Me and my fiancé had a fight Friday night about me having plans to go out with my friends on Saturday night. He likes me to ask him in advance about it in case he might have plans for us. We only see each other Friday, Saturday and Sunday due to his work schedule. However since he hadn't mentioned anything about us going out Saturday night I told my friend I would come to her birthday dinner. I told him and he got upset that I hadn't ran it with him beforehand and that he has told me to do this in the past.

He also said he was upset that we weren't going to be seeing much of each other this weekend now. He stopped talking to me and when I texted him last night apologizing. He was really rude and kept putting me down saying 'I'm ignorant to his feelings, I'm cold and heartless, I always screw up'.

I went to see him at work on his lunch break and he said he was still hurt, then didn't speak to me at all. I really don't know what to do now, as I have already apologised. I left him today with the situation made even more worse as both of us didn't speak and the tension has gotten very bad.

I don't know what to do! Please help!!
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 15, 2012, 08:07 PM
    Never give a child attention when they are having a hissy fit. Ignore them until they apologize for being bad, and using foul language. You don't fix it, its his fault so he has to fix it. Let him, and if he takes to long, and his attitude still hurts, dump the fool.
    flowerchildfala Posts: 96, Reputation: 16

Apr 15, 2012, 09:41 PM
    How is this his fault? I don't understand that bit

Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    Never give a child attention when they are having a hissy fit. Ignore them until they apologize for being bad, and using foul language. You don't fix it, its his fault so he has to fix it. Let him, and if he takes to long, and his attitude still hurts, dump the fool.
    How is this his fault?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 15, 2012, 09:45 PM
    Instead of talking he gets mad, that's why its his fault, and he made it worse by not accepting your apology.
    amicon Posts: 6,066, Reputation: 1911
    Uber Member

Apr 15, 2012, 11:44 PM
    You have to run your social life by him?
    This is 2012,not 1950.

Leave him to sulk;personally I think you can do a lot better than a petulant child who comes across as a control freak.
    jellyyyy Posts: 5, Reputation: 2

Apr 16, 2012, 12:13 AM
    I don't think things are going to end, he clearly still cares. If that weren't that case, he wouldn't care that you were not spending time together that weekend. I have to say though, it seems a bit childish.
    mmresd Posts: 2,002, Reputation: 553
    Ultra Member

Apr 16, 2012, 10:57 AM
    He is throwing a tantrum and you are allowing him to do so. Let him get mad, if he wants to be with you he can act like a man, not a child. Tell him to grow up and to stop being a sissy.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What is the difference between a working relationship and a personal relationship? [ 2 Answers ]

What is th difference between a working relationship and a personal relationship?

Non sexual relationship dating and relationship manipulation [ 15 Answers ]

I am in a relationship with a guy that I believe to be a really good guy, he is 16 yrs my senior( I'm 23). He has been married once and has 3 kids from that marriage, he says he has never been in a non-sexual relationship and neither have I ,but I am starting to become more active in my church and...

Relationship between step-fixed costs and the relevant range [ 2 Answers ]

I am taking a business course but I have absolutely no idea about anything, so I have many questions that I'm sure I'll be posting. I wanted to know the relationship between step-fixed costs and the relevant range. Does anyone know?:confused: :confused: :confused:

Relationship problems in 2nd week of relationship [ 5 Answers ]

I'm hoping I can get some meaningful advice on my situation. If not, I really don't know what to do. The whole summer, a girl I work with had been trying to hook me up with this friend of hers who was interested in me. I saw a picture of her, and she was cute.. But everyone is cute, so if I...

After a 4 year relationship I got tired of my relationship and broke up! What to do? [ 2 Answers ]

I’m a gay guy (36 yo) and I dated for 4 years this BI guy(40 yo), at the beginning it was a bit hard for me, I’m very comfortable with being gay! Came out 8 years ago, any way, at the beginning of the relationship I had to pretend in front of his friends that we were just friends, some times after...

View more questions Search