Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Elle818 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 15, 2012, 02:56 PM
    What was the purpose of Bushido for samurai? Why was this important?
    What was the purpose of Bushido for samurai? Why was this important?
    What does Bushido mean? How does this phrase relate to the purpose of the ideas?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 15, 2012, 03:12 PM
    It means way of the Warrior. Good reading on it is the Bushido Shoshinshu or Taira Shigesuke written about 400 years ago. It comes from a code of conduct or rules of the bushi class in japan, They were both a military and latter a ruling class in Japan history.

For a real samurai, it is the way they live, it is their code that they honor. In fact of the major factors is honor about death, they would rather die than face dishonor.

It does not relate to their ideas it is their idea, it is the entire life style they live.

Bushido Virtues - The Code of the Samurai

This may help to explain the code.

Is there more to the question, There are few that live the code and life today.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I am looking for a specific kind of american samurai film. [ 0 Answers ]

Iam looking for a movie with on its cover: a long-haired amercian man, holding a sword. You can see a city in the background. It's not Samurai Cop. The cover is a photographic montage and not hand-painted... Mid 80's early 90's... Thank you for your help!

Name of an old japanese samurai film [ 0 Answers ]

The movie is a lot like 13 assassins from 1963. I remember a scene at the end of the movie where a few samurai in battle gear fight a much larger group of soldiers. It is in color. There is blood splattering all over in the final battle. I remember one of the good samurai was dressed in orange...

Samurai movie [ 2 Answers ]

I need help finding out the name of a samurai movie I saw in the early 90s. From what I remember, there was a samurai teacher, he had a caucasian student and japanese one (not sure if he was a student or just a rival), the caucasian student was an obedient student but less experienced than the...

Samurai Deeper Kyo [ 3 Answers ]

Does anyone have any idea where to find scans of Samurai Deeper Kyo manga chapters 189-204? Almost every site I've been to has up to 188, then resumes again at 205. Where are these mysterious missing chapters!

Old myth-fiction samurai movie [ 3 Answers ]

Hi everyone. I saw that movie just once, 15-20 years ago :p... in color, nice fx (for its time :D ),lot of dark scenes, with 5 or 7 young samurai ( including a girl samurai.. or princes.. ), fighting a dark army and a few monsters... the 1 thing that I recall for sure, is that each one of them,...

View more questions Search