Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SingleMom7105 Posts: 63, Reputation: 4

Feb 21, 2007, 08:52 PM
    What is a blue tooth?
    I am starting school and want to get a lab top, some of them say with optional blue tooth connection. What is this and how does it help?
    Lord_Darkclaw Posts: 295, Reputation: 38

Feb 22, 2007, 04:26 PM
    BlueTooth is a tiny little receiver/transmitter that allows the computer to connect to another computer (if it has a "dongle" - a little plastic thing with an antenae that plugs into a USB socket) wirelessly.

It's a pretty useful device for people who use their laptops for business purposes, but unless your laptop comes with a BlueTooth (it's a little plastic thing shaped a bit like a tooth) they are expensive - sometimes ridiculously expensive. I wanted to get bluetooth for my old pocket PC (PDA) but it cost £120! ($200) so I gave up that idea in a hurry.
    HVAC888 Posts: 674, Reputation: 75

Feb 23, 2007, 09:31 AM
    Bluetooth is a short-range wireless communications protocol. If your laptop is for personal use, you probably don't need it. Unless your willing to pay for the bells and whistles...

An example of bluetooth used for business is connecting to your bluetooth enabled mobile phone, and using it as a wireless modem with the laptop. Or if you have bluetooth enable PDA, you can quickly transmit your calender, meeting notes, event reminders, etc. to your PDA and vice versa.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Discolored Tooth in 3 yr old [ 8 Answers ]

Possible Nerve Damage to 3 yr old's front tooth... Will dentist suggest to have the tooth extracted? Concerned Mother

Tooth.. [ 1 Answers ]

Is there any activities that is not allowed if u just went ot the dentist to pull your teeth?

Discolored tooth [ 6 Answers ]

I have a discolored tooth that my dentist says has been caused by nerve damage. Is it possible to reverse the discoloration? Also, I rinse my mouth with baking soda. Could that have caused the discoloration? Is there any danger in rinsing my mouth with baking soda?

View more questions Search