Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lvmy2boyz Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 15, 2012, 10:36 AM
    Free help with accounting
    Recorded employer payroll taxes, $248.95, for the semimonthly pay period ended December 15. Taxes owed are: social security tax, $181.66; Medicare tax, $42.49; federal unemployment tax, $3.20; and state unemployment tax, $21.60. M45.

I have lines 5 through 11 on a general journal yet I don't have enough numbers to fill the lines. I am confused. Am I missing something on this?

Thank You
    Wildsporty Posts: 445, Reputation: 38

Apr 18, 2012, 07:11 AM
    You would have:
    Employee Fica
    Employer Fica
    Employee Medicare
    Employer Medicare
    Futa Tax
    Suta Tax
    State Withholding Tax

You have deducted the tax from the employee but it also must be paid in now to the agencies. You must have payable accounts for these withheld taxes as well as the Employer taxes.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Free help with accounting [ 1 Answers ]

If you were given increased revenues increased expenses salary of additional operator supplies depreciation maintenance increased net income and the current salvage value as well as the cost of a new machine and its useful life how would you find the payback period on the new equipment?...

Free accounting answers to accounting homework? [ 0 Answers ]

Dan Engles manufactures and sells homemade wine, and he wants to develop a standard cost per gallon. The following are required for production of a 50-gallon batch. 3,200 ounces of grape concentrate at $0.06 per ounce 55 pounds of granulated sugar at $0.38 per pound 62 lemons at $0.63 each...

Free help with accounting problem? [ 2 Answers ]

A company uses a process cost accounting system. Its Assembly Department's beginning inventory consisted of 50? A company uses a process cost accounting system. Its Assembly Department's beginning inventory consisted of 50,000 units, 1/4 complete with respect to direct labor and overhead. The...

Accounting homework help free [ 6 Answers ]

Young Company lends Dobson industries $30,000 on August 1, 2010, accepting a 9-month, 12% interest note. If young prepares it's financial statements as of December 31, 2001, what adjusting entry must it make? a. Debit Interest Receivable 1,500 Credit Interest Revenue 1,500 b. Debit...

View more questions Search