Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    i_sonu25 Posts: 0, Reputation: 1

Apr 15, 2012, 02:26 AM
    Name Board on railway stations
    Hi can any one tell why at every railway station below station name written over "Height above the sea level". On station board. It can be written any where like any information board, ticket counter or tickets etc but why below station name only on station name board. And who are the people who uses this information. If it is for common people then how it can be used?
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

May 25, 2012, 07:07 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by i_sonu25 View Post
    Hi can any one tell why at every railway station below station name written over "Height above the sea level". on station board. It can be written any where like any information board, ticket counter or tickets etc but why below station name only on station name board. And who are the people who uses this information. If it is for common people then how it can be used?
    Well you might be asmatic and need to know or it might just be a particular distinction but it tells you what you might expect in certain seasons like places above 500 metres can experience snow and may experience frequent frost in winter. It also gives you a reference in regard to whether you have reached the highest point of the mountains. I have travelled on certain roads and even though the terrain is relatively flat a sign will indicate if you have reached a high point

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Railway memorabilia [ 0 Answers ]

Hello, Was wondering if anyone familiar with the railway collectibles could give a rough, in the ballpark, estimate on a set of three 18x24 Howard Fogg prints of locomotives and an original Certificate of Affiliation from American Federation of Labor? All framed and in an excellent shape. ...

Stones on a railway track [ 1 Answers ]

What is the purpose of the large numerous stones all along on either side of a railway track, especially seen in india

View more questions Search