Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Benny88 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 14, 2012, 11:13 PM
    Disability benefits for children of the disabled
    I've been receiving SSDI since 2004. In March 2006 I gave birth to my daughter. When me and my husband applied for her Social Security number in 2006 the ss officer said that they don't accept any new applications for any benefits. Yesterday, we went to the ss office and another officer was shocked that we never received any benefits for our daughter, because she totally qualifies for them. We have an appointment on Friday. The officer said that we can claim her benefits for only 1 year backwards and be getting them on monthly after she gets approved. Can anybody tell me if its possible to get her benefits for the whole 6 years of her life? Do I need a lawyer for that?

Thanks in advance

Check out some similar questions!

Do children receive benefits if their parents is permanently disabled? [ 7 Answers ]

I recently applied for social security disability benefits for a physical problem that will not go away. My doctor urged me to apply, so I am sure I will receive the benefits. I have been doing some reading on the SSA website and it appears that my children might receive money as well. Does...

Disability benefits for children of the disabled [ 0 Answers ]

I've been receiving SSDI since 2004. I gave birth to a daughter on March 2006. When me and my husband went to apply for our daughter's social security number we asked the clerk if she qualifies for any benefits back in 2006. The clerk said, that she doesn't because at that time they have not been...

Disability benefits with children? [ 0 Answers ]

My 13 year old brother gets a check from ss because our mom gets disability, if he comes to live with me will will I get his check or will our mother still get it?

Do children receive SSI benefits for a disabled parent? [ 29 Answers ]

Do children that have a disabled parent that receives SSI benefits only receive a check themselves if they are under 18 years old? I have heard that if the parent was under a certain poverty level that the children would receive a check also. Is there any truth to this?

What benefits will I be able to receive if I'm disabled and have children? [ 3 Answers ]

Im not going to be able to keep working because of excruciating pain from my back. Had surgey 3 yrs ago and went back to work. The past couple of months I have had to become dependent of pain meds and anti inflammatories. Im a school bus driver. What benefits will my family be eligible for? I am...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.