Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    crystalbivens Posts: 489, Reputation: 26

Feb 21, 2007, 07:51 PM
    Is someone trying to tell me something or am I losing my mind?
    Ok so I have recently been having this strong feeling that someone is around me, almost as if I need to know something. I have always been very opened minded about all situations and I believe everyone is entitled to their oppionion about such things as this. I guess what I'm trying to say is I never felt as if spirits or ghost were really true or if they weren't cause I never had expierenced anything from another world so to say.
    But about a month ago I started feeling as if their were someone or something always around me and trying to get my attention.
    It all started one night about 3 am I was awaken by the sound of the TV in the living room,
    I looked towards the door and I swear I saw the reflections from the TV going not only that I heard it. I know this was real because I actually woke up and went to see what was going on. At first I thought it was my husband because he was known to fall asleep on the couch with the TV going but I looked at him and he was sound asleep, then I thought mabey my son had woke up and he was watching it. But as soon as I walked out of my bedroom into the living room the TV quickly cut off, and their was no one in the living room.
    I told my husband about it the next morning and he thought I was dreaming, but I wasent it was very much real.
    I went on with life as usuall trying to convince myself that it wasent real.
    Then about a week later I had just gotten into the tub and was trying to relax when I started feeling something touch my leg, it was like someone kept brushing over it with a feather, I can't explain the feeling that came over me, the touchy feeling would come and go for about 10 min, then all of a sudden I swear someone was standing around me the since of presence was so strong. I have never in my life had such a feeling as I had in the tub, I got the worst cold chills all over me. I was out of that tub so fast. When I came rushing out my husband looked at me and said so serious, "Whats wrong, You look like you just saw a ghost"?
    Not to mention that recently I got some old boxes out of storage and one thing I got out was a musical plant that my grandmother gave to my son when he was a baby, and every time you press the button it sings and the flowers dance, it always made him crack up so she always loved to play it for him, After she passed away I packed it up. So when I unpacked it I was surprised to know that it still worked so I put it on the fireplace and a few days after getting it out it has started playing on its own when no one is around, its like someone presses the buttton which you have to do to make it play.
    Does anyone have an suggestions as to who this is and why I keep feeling like someone is trying to communicate with me.
    Please help my husband thinks I'm, losing my mind.

Also this all started about a month after we moved into our new house that we built out self could this have something to do with it?
    Malibo Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Feb 26, 2007, 01:55 PM
    Hi,
    I don't know if I can actually help you but I can tell you that you aren't going crazy because some of the same things are happening to me and I believe I have spirits trying to contact me and yes it started after I moved into a new house. You arnt crazy.
    rawpotatoeater37 Posts: 244, Reputation: 8

Feb 26, 2007, 03:31 PM
    It could be that you're not used to your new house yet, but I'm not sure...

From what it sounds like, though, if it is a spirit, it doesn't seem to be unfriendly. While it's freaking you out (and I can understand that! ), it could be a family member, especially your grandomother, just... hanging out, watching some TV, and telling you that she's okay :D :D
    Bluerose Posts: 1,521, Reputation: 310
    Ultra Member

Feb 26, 2007, 04:01 PM
    I can tell you that you are not going crazy. As for everyone being entitled to there own beliefs and opinions on these 'strange' occurrences - you are correct.

But I believe the explanation is simpler than you realise.

It has been discussed before on this board about how we each live in a world of our own creation… You only need to check the web to find info on that.

You are creating what is happening in your world. I have also been responsible for creating 'strange' things - they are only 'strange' because we do not understand them.

Once you understand that you are responsible for everything that happens in your life, you can make the 'strangeness' stop or not - the choice is yours.

Take note of your own thoughts and emotions when anything 'strange' happens….. Are you afraid or not?

I believe if you are afraid, the 'strangeness' will seem even more strange and frightening.

If you can remain calm and think about how you are feeling, I believe you can choose whether it stays or goes.

You will need a clear head, you will need to be calm, and you will need to focus in order to see what is really going on and not simply settle for any conclusions you may have come to.

Practising relaxation and meditation will help you learn to focus your mind in order to learn more about the world within. It is nothing to be afraid of - it is you doing it.

It's the type of thing that causes some people to become psychics and mediums. But you do not need to settle for that level of awareness, you can continue to develop your abilities in order to become more personally and spiritually aware.

There are some people who have spent their entire lives seeking enlightenment, and their journey probably began with these 'strange' feelings and occurrences.
    Teaching Posts: 198, Reputation: 28

Feb 26, 2007, 04:47 PM
    Meditation and prayers does miracles. I would suggest "burning inscents", it helps.
    LesaRyan04 Posts: 29, Reputation: 3

May 16, 2007, 01:31 PM
    The same thing started happening to me when I was 15.
    You are not crazy.
    But be careful believing things that happen at 3 am, your mind can be quite tricky when you are tired//have just woke up.
    But you have to find out who is trying to contact you//what they need.
    Remember, they are nothing to be afraid of!
    If you are scared when you see a spirit or a ghost ((not the same thing, by the way))
    It is just YOU being scared, not them trying to harm or frighten you.
    It'll be all right.
    If you need anything else, look me up.
    Lesa
    charlene131 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 21, 2011, 08:19 PM
    I don't think you're crazy. I don't think that this is really dangerous either. My friend kind of has this supernatural thing around her, along with her aunt, and her grandpa (maybe hereditary?but it affects the people around them). Anyway, ever since we were small, she always had weird stuff happen to her. Since I was around a lot, I noticed too. Like we were home alone and began to play with the dolls and tea party sets and all that. We just used water as "tea" and eventually got bored and went out to play with a passing stray dog. However, later on when we went back, we saw that some of the cups were empty, despite being full a few hours ago.. But these supernatural beings are seriously annoying and mischievous. Like they're ALWAYS playing pranks. One time, it completely rearranged the project my friend and I spent hours working on and I was like UGH! Coco get rid of your stupid supernatural attractiveness! XD She also told me that the being screwed up her closet by dropping all the clothhangers on the floor. Anyway, I think that whatever is trying to contact you is just trying to grab some attention because its probably been stuck there by itself for a long time and its bored.
    alegnasavilo14 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Dec 6, 2012, 12:13 PM
    You are NOT crazy!
    Someone is trying to tell you something. Maybe it IS your grandma :) all I know is when I read your post I was in awe. Who ever this spirit is doesn't sound like they are going to harm you, I would however ask them to please stay out of your private moments, especially the intimate ones ;)) lol but in all seriousness, I think that is a great experience to have acutally felt them. And the TV going on and turning off you can bet they are letting you know they are there and if it bothers you that much, tell them to please find "The light" and go to it.
    How cool is that! I like reading stuff like this, because I KNOW we are surrounded by them ;)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Is my apartment haunted or am I losing my mind? [ 34 Answers ]

Hey there everyone, Over the past few days, strange things have been happening in my apartment that I moved into about a month and a half ago. Appliances turn on and off by themselves... it started with the DVD player - at first I thought maybe our DVD player had some loose wiring since it was...

Going out of my mind! [ 3 Answers ]

Hey I need some help finding the name of a song I just don't know. I heard it awhile ago, it had something to do with "if you had to walk in their shoes", some one was a prostitute or a drug addict. I am not sure who sings this song or what the title is but I am sure it was a make singer. It had a...

Can't get her off my mind [ 5 Answers ]

Many of you have read this earlier in different strings but I can't get her off my mind. I met the most amazing woman 15 years ago but our lives were on different paths. There was a definite chemistry between us. However we never got together. Recently after a painful divorce for me and the...

Is it all just in my mind? [ 1 Answers ]

I have always had a normal period. Dec my period was normal. Last month it only lasted 3 days compared to the 6 days it normally lasts.This month I'm spotting just like last month. I 've had home pregnancy and blood tests done but the results all come back negative. I have been pregnant before and...

I have a mind of my own! [ 14 Answers ]

I am 17yrs old and I am going to get married to the most wonderful man I have ever met. He treats me well and is very mature (he is also 17, but will turn 18 in 2 months). He told my dad of my plans and he flipped! He thinks that I am doing it because my boyfriend said so. He raised me to be a very...

View more questions Search