Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    criscris4444 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 14, 2012, 02:00 PM
    A minister applies for a Housing Allowance using Form 4361
    HOUSING ALLOWANCE :
    If a minister applies for a Housing Allowance exemption from SS taxes using Form 4361, and is approved, what are the effects to his other income which is subject to SS taxes? What about when he reaches the age to collect on his SS. How is the other amounts that he has paid into the system effected, if at all?
    What are the long term results from applying for this exemption?
    Thank you!
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Apr 14, 2012, 02:10 PM
    Since the Social Security tax is a FLAT tax (currently at 4.2%), it will have NO effect on other income that IS subject to Social Sceuity tax.

Having your housing alloances exempted from Socil Security may have a small effect on the size of your benefit, but nothing major In my opinion.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mortgage interest and housing allowance for foreign property [ 1 Answers ]

I'm a dual US-Bermuda citizen living in Bermuda with a Chilean wife. Only I work and we recently bought a house in Bermuda. I receive a housing allowance from my employer. Can we deduct both the housing allowance and mortgage interest on the same property, or should we rent a second property to...

What is email Id of Health minister of Japan,Environment minister of Japan, Energy [ 1 Answers ]

Minister of japan and prime minister of japan

Best use of Licensed Minister Housing Allowance [ 2 Answers ]

My wife just started a preschool director's position at a church in Bakersfield, California. We also just purchased a home. Our home expenses are $2500 per month all-inclusive. The church indicated they would pay my wife her $38k salary with whatever amount we wished allocated to "housing...

Per diem/housing allowance question [ 3 Answers ]

Ok I work road construction and my employer gives us housing pay if we stay at a motel/hotel. It's only $35 a day, but better than nothing I guess. The question I have with it is that it's just added in a lump sum and taxed along with my regular wages. So I have to pay all the taxes out of of it...

View more questions Search