Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pribb1 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 21, 2007, 07:50 PM
    Executor selling real estate.
    I am the executor for my mothers estate. The estate is very small and the will was filed as a small estate. The property is located in Illinois. My question is this: The property is a very small house in a neighborhood that has changed to more of a commercial area. It is not a desirable place to live. The house will sell for no more than $23,000.00 if that much. I do have a couple of potential buyers. Can I sell the property with a Quitclaim Deed? If so, how do I sign the quit claim deed... Myname/executor... of is there a particular format to follow? Thanks for you help.
    LisaB4657 Posts: 3,662, Reputation: 534
    Expert

Feb 21, 2007, 07:56 PM
    If the buyer will accept a quit claim deed then that's fine. As long as they get a title insurance policy that shouldn't be a problem.

The name of the seller should be "The Estate of ________, by [your name], Executor". If you don't have an attorney representing the estate then it would probably be a good idea to have the buyer's title company prepare the closing documents. They will probably charge you a fee but it shouldn't be too expensive.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 21, 2007, 07:57 PM
    Honestly, hire a title company or title attorney to do the deed, it is not that costly and normally you can charge the title cost to the buyer

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Real Estate [ 1 Answers ]

How do Tax Sales/leins work?

Executor of estate/trust [ 3 Answers ]

My father passed away recently. My mother has survived him but she is incapacitated. I am the executor of their estate/trust. It is a sizable estate and I would like to gift funds to my brothers and their families. My father appointed my mother as his power of attorney and never updated it. ...

Real Estate [ 2 Answers ]

I'm retired and I'm a resident of Florida I live in Florida for 7 months a year and 5 months in New York. I have real estate in New York. Do I have to pay New York State income tax?

Executor of estate in another state [ 4 Answers ]

My grandmother lives in California. I was recently informed that she has appointed me as executor of her estate. My father lives in California, her only child, but he has basically abandoned her. My grandfather passed away three years ago and my father took $15,000.00 of his insurance money to...

Real Estate [ 7 Answers ]

We Are Selling Our Home Which Has Two Separate Properties. The People Who Want To Buy Both Properties Put In A Contract. Now They Wish To Divide To Two Contracts One For Each Property. Please Note That Both Properties Are Separately Addressed And Separately Deeded. If We Agree To This Are They...

View more questions Search