Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    YNona Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 14, 2012, 12:31 PM
    Biological Mother wants visitation after adoption to biological Aunt
    I was on drugs and incarcerated off and on, child protective services took my son. I couldn't get it together though given a chance by the courts. I relapsed and my son was put up for adoption again. Myself and the father signed a consent form for his biologial great aunt to have him, she then adopted him. The Aunt says she wants me to be apart of my child's life, but makes excuses why I can't see him or talk to him except when she feels it's OK. My son is 10 he stresses that he misses me and wants to see me, they told him he should be lucky to see me cause they adopted him and they don't have to let him see me, mind you he can see and talk to his daddy when he wants to. This is the paternal great Aunt. I have now gotton my life together, I'm a 1 year and 2 months clean and realized I made the wrong decision on giving him up, but at the time I was under the influence of drugs.. I'm not trying to remove him from his stable environment, I just merely want to be apart of his life and see him. I provide for him when he needs something, including weekly letters to him letting him know I am here. Can I file for visitation and get it though he's been adopted?
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Apr 14, 2012, 02:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by YNona View Post
    ... realized I made the wrong desicion on giving him up, but at the time I was under the influence of drugs.. ...
    No, despite the drugs it looks like you made the right decision.

But sorry: that decision, once made, cannot be second-guessed.

I'm fairly confident that there is no authority anywhere for visitation rights by a relative such as yourself. (What would you, legally, be now? His first cousin?)
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 14, 2012, 03:09 PM
    No you have no rights to visits. And no she does not ever had to let you see the child.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Adoption of a step-child by stepmother when biological mother is not present. [ 2 Answers ]

My husband was granted custody of his daughter in 2009 after the biological mother was reported to children services and ended up failing the drug tests given through dcs. Following that, came removal of the child. My husband and I ended up getting full custody and the mother was given 2 supervised...

Is a biological mother responsible to repay child support to a non biological father [ 3 Answers ]

The mother of a child was in a relationship with 2 men at the same time, she became pregnant. She married one of the men who has raised the child as his own and now they are divorced and he pays child support. The other man has wanted to know for years (8) if he is the biological father but...

What are the legal rights of a biological aunt to a child that has been abandoned? [ 5 Answers ]

My mom has been taking care of a child that's not hers and needs to know the writes of a biological aunt.

View more questions Search