Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mj0031 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 12, 2012, 10:58 PM
    Quit claim deed and HAMP
    My ex-wife wants to apply for a HAMP modification because she can't afford the mortgage payments on the marital house, assigned to her by court. She is asking me to sign a quit claim deed, a requirement in the HAMP modification. So, as it is descrived to me my credit score will be hit rather seriously when she stops paying the mortgage to enter the modification... (and take between 6 and 12 months to be repaired) and later on my name will continue to be on the note, making me fully finantialy liable for the debt. My question is.. if she has further problems, can the bank foreclosure my home because my ex- is not paying her modification? If not, what is the worst case scenario? i.e what will the bank (creditor) do if she gets behind in her payments? Will they foreclosure her property or come after my assets?
    I take for granted that she will not be able to refinance in the near future, because her income is too low.

Check out some similar questions!

Getting a warranty deed if purchased with only a quit claim deed [ 1 Answers ]

My question is regarding a quit claim deed on a property. If a home is purchased very cheap but only has a quit claim deed not a warranty deed. Can a warranty deed be acquired? Or will it always be sold under quit claim deed. Any way to get a warranty deed for a property? Thanks

Special warranty deed and quit claim deed what are they? [ 6 Answers ]

What is the difference bewtween the two and what is the purpose?

Reversal of life estate deed using quit claim deed [ 2 Answers ]

Can a life estate deed be reversed if all remainders sign a quit claim deed in North Carolina?

Corrective Deed, New Quit Claim Deed, or See an Attorney? [ 4 Answers ]

I have a major problem with a quit claim deed that was done regarding my father's property. The intention was to put me in the deed but as an heir to the property, not as a co-owner or anything like that. So, a quit claim deed was filled out and recorded at the clerk of the circuit court. However,...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.