Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Cole Frazier Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 12, 2012, 04:09 PM
    11 HP Murray will not start
    My murray lown mower wit an 11 horse briggs and stratton engine ran great for a couple of houres and then it wouldn't start and I put a new spark plug in and still no spark. Is it my magneto? How do I check the magneto? And where can I get a new one?

Its not a new tractor at all though
    Cole Frazier Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 12, 2012, 04:10 PM
    I meant with not wit
    crigby Posts: 4,343, Reputation: 107
    Outdoor Power Equipment Expert

Apr 12, 2012, 06:23 PM
    Hi,
    You are new so I broke your post free of that five year old one. Please advise as to the engine model number. There three possible models that could easily have an 11 HP decal, and it does matter; give my the type as well and I will give you a link to the parts manual.
    Peace,
    Clarke

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Murray 12.5 won't start [ 2 Answers ]

I have switched out the sillenoid in my murray 12.5 hp riding mower and it will not start. It tries when you touch the points on the sillenoid but it won't completely turn over. What could be wrong?

Murray won't start again. [ 6 Answers ]

Last weekend I was mowing the lawn everything going perfect then I got into deeper grass and the mower died. I disengaged the mower blade, put it in nutural and tried to start it. NOTHING!! No lights, no click sound nothing. I pushed it back into the garage located a fuse which was fine the casing...

Murray won't start [ 1 Answers ]

My solenoid shelled on my murray rider so I replaced it. I have a new battery but when I try to start it, it has a click at the solenoid. The power gets to the lights, but nothing to the engine. What can I do to get the engine to turn over?

Murray won't start [ 1 Answers ]

My murray caught on fire last year from loose fuel line, but not badly damaged. I have replaced all burnt parts (fuel line, fuel and air filter, belts, muffler, and plug). I inspected all wires and found only 2 burnt completely: a yellow wire from start switch/coil, and black wire from sp. Plug....

Murray 5.0 won't start [ 2 Answers ]

My Murray 5.0 push lawnmower won't start. It briefly started and when I started to mow, it cut off. This happened a couple of months ago so I checked the air filter and basically knocked all the dirt out and it started like it was brand new. Now it's won't start again. I knocked the dirt out of...

View more questions Search