Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    katieet Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Apr 12, 2012, 02:24 PM
    Are 16 year olds allowed to go on holidays without parents?
    I am 16 in August and I would like to go away with my boyfriend after my birthday. We have been together a year and a half so we are mature teens. I wish to stay in england but I would like to know if many people accept people of our age.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 12, 2012, 02:38 PM
    How old is boyfriend, and where in UK would you be staying. 16 year old can not rent motel or hotel rooms, can not rent cars and so on. You would have to be traveling with a teen travel group.

And I don't know any good responsible parent that would let their 16 year old girl travel on vacation unsupervised with their boyfriend.
    katieet Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Apr 12, 2012, 02:43 PM
    My boyfriend will be 17 by August. We are responsible. Most teenagers are steroetyped to being arrogant and bad people. We are not like that.
    We didn't mind on where we would go just a place to get away as we have gone through many things e.g deaths, etc. and it would be nice to get away from it all.
    Our parents are very responsible and agree with not going too far and only going for a few days.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Apr 12, 2012, 06:48 PM
    If your parents agree to it, then it is OK, though I wouldn't agree if I was your parent.

As noted, though, you are limited since you can't legally rent a room on your own.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

13 year olds dating 16 year olds [ 12 Answers ]

Ok, I'm 13 and I dated a 16 year old. We still remain contact with each other and even when I tell him I want to be friends he still pursues me. I like him a little still and I broke up with him because of our age differences I know my mother would kill me if she found out. Anyway should I be with...

I'm 12 year olds and possible pregnant by 16 year old boy? [ 19 Answers ]

Me and my sixteen year old boyfriend,used the pull out method.he's the sweetest guy,ever.and I'm so afraid my mom will press rape charges.can she?what should I do?too help him anyway

17 and 14 Year Olds? [ 9 Answers ]

In no way do I mean to post this to discourage anyone from asking about their relationships. I am merely asking if anyone has speculation around why there seems to be so many questions about relationships between 17 and 14 year olds. It appears that those are magic numbers. I don't recall that...

Jobs for 13 year olds [ 5 Answers ]

Hi there, I have just turned 13 and I would love a job; however I am not interested in getting a paper route. HELP! Thank you very much Chessca xxx :)

Can only go home for the Holidays every other year [ 1 Answers ]

11 years ago my sister who is 10 years younger decided that she no longer wanted me to visit our Mother when she was there. Because of this my Mother took her side and would not tell me why my sister had stopped talking to me and had decided she hated me. Instead, my Mother told me that in the...

View more questions Search