Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tenettec Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 12, 2012, 10:45 AM
    tennis doubles league round robin
    I need a matrix for a 24 player -12 week tennis doubles league. The players are numbered 1-24.
    Thank you!T Cho
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Apr 12, 2012, 01:00 PM
    Just to clarify - the teams don't stay together, but rather each week each player has a new partner, correct? Otherwise each doubles team would have played every other team in only 11 weeks, not 12.

Apr 12, 2012, 01:33 PM
    Yes, that is correct.
    Expert

Apr 12, 2012, 01:39 PM
    I don't have a pre-made schedule for such a league, so you may just have to make it up yourself. No matter what you do this won't be a totally fair tournament, since every player will face at least one other player more than once, but won't have an opportunity to play with every other player. Sort of like professional football - some will have an easier schedule than others. It would seem to make sense that if you face the same player twice then you also get to play with him at least once to sort of even it out.
    Expert

Apr 12, 2012, 01:51 PM
    I found this scheduler that seems to work for a league of 24 with changing partners - : Round robin tournament schedules - Richard A. DeVenezia. Actually it's for setting up a whist tournament and so organizes "tables" instead of "courts." It provides a schedule for 23 rounds that allows each player to play with every other exactly once, and oppose every other exactly twice. Since your league is only 12 weeks I suggest you simply play the first 12 rounds of this schedule.
    Attached Images

Apr 12, 2012, 01:56 PM
    Wow - Thank you!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I am using outlook express 6 and I am now receiving all my e-mails as doubles? [ 0 Answers ]

I am using outlook express 6 and I am now receiving all my e-mails as doubles?. Any help to now correct his?. I tried to contact Microsoft and they want $35 to just talk to me... This will not happen anytime soon!. Again than kyou for any suggestions on how to properly correct!. Louis-Marie

Turbo tax doubles my income in the resident state [ 1 Answers ]

I live in MA and work in RI. I use turbo tax to figure my income taxes. I did my federal first, then RI then MA. For some reason it's doubling my income in MA. Do you know what I'm doing wrong?

Lump sum doubles [ 2 Answers ]

If you deposit money today into an account that pays 6.5 percent interest, how long will it take for you to double your money?

View more questions Search