Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shashariff Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 12, 2012, 12:15 AM
    any canadian went mexico on probation
    we have a family wedding in Mexico, someone travl'g is on probation for minor- thing, there was no jail time.. he has brain tumor and his wife wants to take him for one week to cancun with prob. Officer's letter. on the net it said anyone w/record trave'g to mexico cnsult mxcn embassy , called , spoke to 2 diff. people, and got 2 diff. answers.. one said only for big thing they turn away.. this is small thing don't worry and mxcan gvt don't share d/base, another guy said opposite mxcan gvt in cancun a/port do share gvt d/base with us and canada, I am so confused, we really want him to come to wedding, may be 6 mnths later his health won't be same, PO agreed but the guy at mxcan cnslte said for mexican govt letter of PO doesn't matter.. now confused.. then he said is okay don't worry nothing will happen.. . the family paid so much money for 5 x resort for wedding there and if entry denied is no good, any one with advice ? Do they really see all on d/base when scan passport if so, do they turn away for something minor ? Advice ? Some people say he can't fly over US.. but is nonstop us flight and he is okay, went to DR was okay, he is not on nofly zone as I said this is a very minor thing.. advice ? Should he not take chances ? Should he go elsewhere instead ? TKS Lisa
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Apr 12, 2012, 08:07 AM
    Unless he gets written permission from Mexico IN ADVANCE there is no 100% guarantee he will - or won't - be allowed into the Country. Mexico can and does share a computer search system with the US.

If course he can fly over the US.

If he DOES stop in the US (even to change planes), yes, he could be stopped while entering the US. He's on probation for a minor crime? If that crime is NOT a minor crime in the US or Mexico he will not be allowed to enter.

So - I would suggest that you apply to the Mexican authorities IN WRITING prior to the trip.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Has anyone traveled to mexico while on probation? [ 5 Answers ]

I am currently on misdermeanor probation for a dwi and I want to travel to mexico but I don't want to tell my probation officer... I would like to hear from someone who has traveled while on on probation please

Who has gone to mexico on probation [ 18 Answers ]

Has anyone from the USA travaled to mexico while on probation? I want to know how customs works when you come back to the us.

Will Mexico customs refuse me entry because I'm on probation? Already have permission [ 0 Answers ]

I am on probation for a felony charge. I have obtained permission from the judge as well as my probation officer, and was issued a travel permit, so I am not worried about getting in trouble for going; however I was told to contact the mexican consulate to make sure I don't have any problems...

Felon technically finished probation go to Mexico [ 7 Answers ]

I'm a felon who is just now finishing my supervised probation. I was told by the p.o. that once I was on unsupervised, I could go to any country for vacation without notice. I will get my notification in the mail, but I will not need it to travel. I already have my passport, it was not revoked or...

View more questions Search