Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Ineedasavior Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 11, 2012, 07:29 PM
    "If" "Then" Excel formula based on text in separate cell
    Can anyone tell me how to type a specific If-Then conditional formula? I am attempting to ask a cell to display specific text conditional upon another cell containing a qualifying text, or to otherwise complete a calculation.

i.e. If cell A5 contains the text "HD" then display the word "Free". Otherwise multiply cell J5 by 10.

Thanks in advance

Check out some similar questions!

Discovery, Animal Planet, "Lost Tapes" series: "Monster of Monterey" (Sharon Novak) [ 28 Answers ]

I watched this premier episode last night: Sharon Novak did a 171 day solo sailing trip and web-cammed it for nothingabout the real story. My opinion of the family of Discovery Channels has dropped several notches. Does anyone know the real story? I'll be the first to apologize if the...

"Form" placed in "Microsoft Access" can be accessed from a "Button" in "VB.Net" App [ 1 Answers ]

Hi All, Actually, I'm not very well in programming but a task is assigned to me related to .Net. Basically, there is a database in Microsoft Access. I have made forms in it which are based on queries to retrieve required results. I have also made graph of it. Now, I have to merge this...

Central heater will not work on "auto" and blows cool air when on "man" [ 2 Answers ]

OK my central heater blower will not come on at all when on auto, and when on manual/on it just blows cool air out of vents. I was told to put a jumper wire on (w) to (g)wires at the thermostat, (I think) to check it, but not sure exactly. Is that the thermostat on wall or what? The pilot light is...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.