Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lisakith Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 21, 2007, 02:20 PM
    Probation Officer
    What happens when your probation officer threaten to put you in jail for not paying your restitutions because you can't get a job?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 21, 2007, 02:32 PM
    Nothing unless you don't start paying, then he no longer threatens but puts you back into jail ( this is called violation of your probation) happens every day, So he is being nice warning you that he is going to do it.

I guess it is time to start looiing harder for a job, any job, day labor something to start paying this.
    shelley7180 Posts: 63, Reputation: 4

Feb 21, 2007, 02:54 PM
    I know it's not what you want to hear, but Chuck is right. You need to start looking harder for a job unless you want to go back to jail. It's not glorious, but McDonald's is always hiring.

Just curious... Have you told your PO that you are having problems finding a job? He/she may be able to help you, or point you toward someone who can. Keep a log of every job you apply for, when you applied for it, when you followed up on your application/resume, and who you spoke to. Just in case you have to go back before the judge, you have some proof that you have been trying.

I don't know anything about you situation, but joining the military could also be an option.
    murphyboy83 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Feb 24, 2007, 09:51 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by shelley7180
    I know it's not what you want to hear, but Chuck is right. You need to start looking harder for a job unless you want to go back to jail. It's not glorious, but McDonald's is always hiring.

Just curious...Have you told your PO that you are having problems finding a job? He/she may be able to help you, or point you toward someone who can. Keep a log of every job you apply for, when you applied for it, when you followed up on your application/resume, and who you spoke to. Just in case you have to go back before the judge, you have some proof that you have been trying.

I don't know anything about you situation, but joining the military could also be an option.
    I don't think you are able to join the military while under civil restraint!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Probation Officer Making It IMPOSSIBLE To Succeed [ 7 Answers ]

Hello all, First off, I apologize for the length but a lot has happened. This is in two parts due to character limits set by the forum. It's a fascinating story so please don't let the length deter you. What can a person do when a P.O. clearly has it out to get him and bends the rules in her...

Probation Officer Holding Me Back? [ 2 Answers ]

I'm having a problem with transferring. First off I am unemployed but have a job offering up north in Washington state. I live in Texas and I have been turned down by many jobs because of my background status. What I have done is a misdemeanor theft of 500 dollars. My first offense. My...

Probation officer [ 8 Answers ]

Can my brother change his prbation officer in the state of va if he went to high school w/ her ( they hated one another in school)?? :confused:

Probation Officer dilemma [ 13 Answers ]

My 19-year-old son is currently on probation. He is living at home with his father and I, and we are trying to give him encouragement and support in order to comply with the regulations set forth by the court. When he was arrested (he stole a 4-wheeler) we decided the best thing for him was to...

Probation Officer [ 4 Answers ]

Hello all: There's a retired probation officer with the handle magprob. He's trying to hawk a book here. I don't know how much he's trying to sell it for, but don't buy it! He offers a free chapter. I read it. Of course, if YOU ARE a probation officer, then it might help you keeping your...

View more questions Search