Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    phil n Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 11, 2012, 11:08 AM
    What is the equivalent nec wire to a tt or tn wire
    We are receiving a new machine tool from europe and they specify to use a TT orTN wire type for the supply mains. What would the equivalent NEC wire type be.
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Apr 11, 2012, 01:08 PM
    Since the "mains" are building wiring, and fall under NEC jurisdiction, assuming in the USA, THHN/THWN should be adequate.
    If you can provide the datasheet for the TN and TT wire, I can confirm.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Explain which wire is ground wire when you have 2 black wires and 1 white wire [ 5 Answers ]

Explain which wire is ground when you have 2 black wires and 1 white wire

Is hot wire is not a neutral wire or vice versa in single phase two wire AC source? [ 1 Answers ]

I am a little bit confused why in AC single phase 2 wire source is merely classified the 1 wire as hot and other wire as neutral. The hot wire travels the current from the source to the load and going back the current to the source through the neutral wire. I know that in AC circuit, the signal or...

Black wire red wire and white wire spliced to 10/3 on a 220 circuit [ 25 Answers ]

I have installed a disconnect between my dryer receptable and a tanning bed. I want to splice the 10/3 box wire to the existing 220 wiring at the dryer. Dryer= red, black, white and bare ground wires 10/3 wire= black, white, and bare ground How do I splice these to allow the disconnect box to...

NEC code when can you the white wire as a hot [ 3 Answers ]

NEC code when can you the white wire as a hot

View more questions Search