Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    123Michelle Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 10, 2012, 09:50 PM
    In Colorado, Received written 30 day warning, can I be fired prior to the 30 days
    I received a 30 day written warning for performance issues. Can I be terminated for these issues, prior to the 30 days, or do they have to give me the 30 days to improve. I know they are going to terminate me, and since I have never been fired before I would like to quit prior to the 30 days for the sake of my resume. Thank You
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Apr 11, 2012, 03:56 AM
    It depends on the wording of the write up. But if it specifically states that you have 30 days to improve, then usually they have to give it to you. However, if you repeat the mistakes that were at issue during this 30 days, they can state that you have shown no signs of improvement.

On your resume you don't state why you left a job. If you quit, you won't be able to collect unemployment. If a prospective employer checks with the former employer they may find out the truth.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Apr 11, 2012, 07:28 AM
    There are some exceptions but Colorado is an "at will" employment state. Employees can be terminated at any time without cause. CDLE - Labor Laws:Termination Do you have a contract?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Insurance Company fired pregnant worker for missing days, but those days were allowed [ 1 Answers ]

Is it legal for the same employer to keep an employee that has been terminated on their payroll, in order to refrain from paying out unemployment benefits?

Subpeonaed by a collector without prior written notification [ 5 Answers ]

I came home today to a subpeona attached to my door. I don't recognize the debt and it may be one my ex husband incurred. I pulled my credit report and there it was with an "open account" date of 2008 which is Bull. I want to ask them to validate it, can I? Im thinking about writing to the...

Civil Complaint received, need to resond with written answer [ 1 Answers ]

What do I say? Need to respond in the next few days. What do I say in the complaint? $3138 due plus court and attorney fees. It was Cap One installment loan, from 2006. Atlantic Credit & Finance Inc is assignee from Cap One, Gordon & Weinberg is Atlantic's attorney. I sent a validation...

Fired employee with no warning/reason [ 10 Answers ]

My father got fired on thusday were he had been working there for 27 years, he is 55 years old (having a small amount of years to retire) ,the paper given to him said DISCHARGED, he was fired with no reason/warnings and without signing any documents... we don't know what kind of action we should...

Colorado Relocation Prior to Hearing [ 3 Answers ]

My husband (Anthony) and I live in Colorado. He fathered a child out of a one night stand in 2005 out of which his son was born December 2005. He is now eight months old. The mother also lived in this same area. From the very beginning Anthony told her that the two of them would not be...

View more questions Search