Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nikkinscby Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 21, 2007, 12:42 PM
    Animal cell measurement
    The unit of measurement that scientist use to determine the diameter of an animal cell ?
    Evil dead Posts: 116, Reputation: -5

Feb 21, 2007, 06:57 PM
    It is usually in micro-meters. Some use nano-meters.

The unit is a funny shaped 'u' sign
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Feb 22, 2007, 01:07 AM
    you can use meters, kilometers or picometers, and you'll get an equivalent answer.

If you mean to ask "what is the order of size of an animal cell" then micrometers () is right.

Evil dead, is called a "mu" (pronounced "mew" :)), It's a letter of the greek alphabet.
    Evil dead Posts: 116, Reputation: -5

Feb 22, 2007, 06:11 AM
    Lol okay, I did not know how to post symbols:confused:
    sovaira Posts: 271, Reputation: 10

Feb 24, 2007, 01:00 PM
    hay u didn't mention ,whether animal is microscopic or not ?anyway the size of microscopic is taken by putting a small graduated scale in the lens used to be viewed amd the macros r measured by simple meter tapes and scales.
    now about the unit... it completely deoends on the organism under observation... e.g if a virus then it will be nanometer ,bacteria =micrometer,animals =cnetimeters and inches... all purely depends on size.
    deepak_kumar Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 12, 2010, 09:42 PM
    Square footage measurement.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Square Footage measurement. [ 8 Answers ]

Can someone tell me how to get the correct square footage of living space for a home? What measurements should I take to compile this number? And what areas do not come into consideration? Thanks. Dave.

Flow measurement [ 1 Answers ]

We have 500 mm Dia water GRP pipe with 30 C temperature and 1 bar pressure gauge . If we will take 100 mm tapping from the pipe to same level , how can we calculate the flow in the tapping if we assume the end pressure of the tapping is zero bar or atmospheric pressure

Window measurement [ 3 Answers ]

I want to install double hung windows in my home. I'm buying the windows from home depot. Question #1, when measuring windows do I give exact measuring example one windows measure w-29 3/8 - h-61 1/4 . Question #2 I live northeast what type of insulation I install in the inside of the windows. ...

Flatness measurement- aluminum [ 2 Answers ]

Visualize this, a piece of aluminum about the size of a credit card and about 3mm thick. Here is the problem. The part is machined under convention methods and received with pretty decent parrallelism. One side (large surface area) must be as flat. We mate a silicon wafer on this...

Strange voltage measurement [ 4 Answers ]

I got some strange voltage measurement when I was repairing an electrical outlet and hope someone can explain this to me. I have a electrical outlet with hot wire connected and neutral wire disconnected. A lamp with a simple rotary switch at the light bulb socket is plugged in to the socket....

View more questions Search