Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sweetypie121 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 10, 2012, 06:30 AM
    Does a post dated cheque appear in the bank recon
    I want to know if a post dated cheque appears in the bank recon and if it's a debit or credit.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Apr 10, 2012, 06:01 PM
    Post dating a cheque doesn't change its nature, once the transaction is recorded it is no different to any other transaction and will appear in the reconciliation as an outstanding cheque

To reconcile you deduct the outstanding cheques from the bank balance and add the outstanding deposits to the bank balance

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to make entry for post dated cheque? [ 10 Answers ]

Hello Friends, Last week I faced an interview for accountant post. In that I was asked to pass an entry for post dated cheque. What is the answer for this queston? Thank You

Accounting of Post Dated Cheque in Tally [ 2 Answers ]

I would like to know about PDC entry in Tally. Tally have a option to enter PDC with just pressing Ctrl+T with a future date. Here is my query... 1.If the future date is above the prevaling Financial Year, how we go about this?? 2.When it will be displayed in Supplier Ledger?? Thank you

Does a "post dated cheque" comply with the definition of a cheque? [ 2 Answers ]

Is such a cheque a valid negotiable instrument?

Dated cheque [ 2 Answers ]

I have a cheque dated from 2004 from canada, just woundering if the cheque expires after a certain date or it just stays good indefinetly.

View more questions Search