Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    CanIDieNow Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 9, 2012, 06:31 PM
    Why doesn't anyone like me?
    No one likes me. Sometimes it even feels as if my family doesn't love me. No one talks to me at school, well they do, but when they do its: "Hey, ! Your an ugly piece of !" Did I mention I am only in 5th grade. I DO have adhd but no one knows. I have no friends, anymore. My exfriend ditched me for the freaky preppy bullies. So yeah. I have had people come up and say they want me dead. :[. I need someone to help me out a bit by answering the stupid question already! Please?
    neronplat Posts: 18, Reputation: 2

Apr 9, 2012, 06:58 PM
    You would be surprised how easily things can change if you act confident, even if your not. If you see a confident kid walking down a corridor you are going to think they must be cool or know something I don't. Just try it, simple things like never looking down when you walk, always look straight ahead and swing your arms with purpose. Small things like that make a difference. If you think confidence could be the way forward send me a message or something and I could try and give you some more info.
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Apr 9, 2012, 06:59 PM
    Wow. My heart goes out to you. It is tragic that people would say such hateful things to you. I would urge you to share your feelings with a parent and your school counselor or a teacher. I can assure you that there are people who value you and like you. You just have not located them yet. Don't give up.

I might add that, as a Christian, I am convinced that God loves you and understands you more than you understand yourself. There is hope with God.

Never quit.
    CanIDieNow Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 10, 2012, 04:39 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    Wow. My heart goes out to you. It is tragic that people would say such hateful things to you. I would urge you to share your feelings with a parent and your school counselor or a teacher. I can assure you that there are people who value you and like you. You just have not located them yet. Don't give up.

I might add that, as a Christian, I am convinced that God loves you and understands you more than you understand yourself. There is hope with God.

Never quit.
    My mom does know, and she tells me to fake a smile, even though I have been. :[
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 10, 2012, 04:43 AM
    It has been my experience that we all go through down periods and even when others are nasty and mean, we take it personally, and we feel bad.

The real truth is that the mean cruel people have a hurt inside them that they put on others to make them feels as bad as they do because they don't know better, and misery loves company.

Now that you know that, never feel bad because they do, ignore them and look to positive happy people for friendship, and fun. Be happy, and share it, even if you are shy and distracted by the sad, lonely and the miserable.

Because they hurt, you don't have to. And you don't have to be mean or cruel because they are. Stay focused on why you are in school in the first place, and fit in by doing good school work.

The good news, is it gets better as YOU get better, at dealing with good people, and the nots so good, so hang in there, and much luck!
    EmberStudios Posts: 21, Reputation: 0

Apr 11, 2012, 05:23 AM
    It's OK not to fit in. I certainly didn't- I was the strange drama girl who loved writing, handed her homework in and only had three close friends. I got teased all the time over my skin colour 'very, very pale' and I had to put up with all sorts of rumours going around about me.
    But you know what? I knew I wasn't stupid. I knew I was going to work my way out of school, I was going to go to university and I was going to make something of myself. Then I could look back and say, I have achieved more than they ever thought I would.

And you know what?
    I did.

A few days ago, I was asked by my PA to interview some possible employees to see if they were appropriate for a low key job on set. When the first woman walked in, wearing a stained t-shirt and trainers walked in, I couldn't stop staring. She went bright red and mumbled something. Over twelve years ago, she had teased me relentlessly, and was one of the most popular girls in school. And you know what, for all my anger and all those times I had cried over what she had said, I hired her. She looked so surprised I thought she was going to cry. She asked me why. And you know why? Because I wanted to show her I could forgive her enough for her to get somewhere in life. I wanted to show her that in spite of everything, I had achieved enough to be able to live around the people who used to upset me, care free.

Hang in there, darling. Work your way out and I can promise you, things will get better. At college and Uni, you will be around people who are like you, have the same interests and have probably been through the same thing. You won't feel alone forever. Things will look up.
    legohouse Posts: 2, Reputation: 2

Apr 14, 2012, 12:46 AM
    Hey there :) I didn't - and don't really - fit in either. I fade into the background. I'm this weird geeky girl who doesn't say much to others and is apparently not much fun to hang out with. I kind of gave up finding up any friends because everybody just overlooked me, I was just this stupid wallflower while others were these bright yellow daisies. But, trust me, things will look up, just like EmberStudios says :) I've found a close friend now, and I can confide everything in her and she says to me, you know what, yes you're shy and like a wallflower, but you're a great person. I trust that'll you find that special friend one day, who can look at you and love and accept you for who you are. Meanwhile, don't lose hope please :) There'll be someone out there for you.
    Redrocky100 Posts: 18, Reputation: 1

Jul 12, 2012, 08:28 PM
    My friend is just like you I noticed people were being nasty to her so I stepped in and defended her and became her friend I hope someone does that for you

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

View more questions Search