Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    isislulani Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 21, 2007, 11:34 AM
    How to bid on painting jobs
    Hello,
    I am new here, and would like some information on how to bid on a painting job, as well as how to acquire job leads. If you would like you can e-mail me @ [email protected]. Thank you for your time.
    RubyPitbull Posts: 3,575, Reputation: 648
    Ultra Member

Feb 22, 2007, 09:19 AM
    Hello isis! There are a few ways to acquire job leads. You need to print up some business cards and it will help if you print up some flyers if you can afford to do so.

Do you have any friends in the construction or real estate industry? Speak with them first. Let them know you have made the step to open up your own business. Give out a number of your business cards to each of your connections asking them to hand out your card to anyone that is looking for a painter.

Another thing you may want to do is to go to your local Chamber of Commerce armed with your business cards and flyers promoting your business. They usually have a board or table that allows businesses to advertise. Be friendly to the clerk. Strike up a conversation. Find some pesonal connection you can make. The point of this is that you them to remember you. When someone new in town stops by for info, the clerk will be more inclined to remember you and hand out your card or flyer.

Although this is a bit more expensive, find out what publications are in your area. Is there a free publication to the general public that comes out every week. Pennysaver? The Weekly? Where I live we have a couple of types of those. You can find stacks of them in the local grocery stores, gas station marts, and businesses. Check this out and take out a weekly advertisement.

You can pay the local newspaper for an advertisement or to insert flyers into the paper.

Those are some of the best ways to drum up business. After a while, you will only need to do spot advertising because satisfied clients will recommend you. I have friends who never advertise because word of mouth is the best way to get projects.

Regarding proposals, I am having trouble finding a free template online. You have a couple of options. There are basic forms you can find in your local stationery store. Try Staples or WalMarts. They should carry them. The other option is to invest in a basic accounting softward package, such as QuickBooks Pro. It will give you the tools you need to accurately track the costs and profitability of your business along with the capability of printing forms, such as invoicing and estimates/proposals to clients.

If you choose to use a basic form from a stationery store, just keep in mind that you have to factor in the costs of brushes, paint, pans, dropclothes, rollers, and anything else that you can think of that will cost you money, into the price of the entire job.

I hope this helps you in getting started in your new venture. Good Luck!
    mikeeverett55 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Sep 15, 2010, 10:42 AM

If you are looking painting leads, I recommend visiting Local Painter Quotes. They have an excellent lead service that will be sure to find you new business.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pricing jobs [ 1 Answers ]

I've just about started up in business and was wondering does anybody know how to go about the pricing side for cleaning offices pubs/clubs etc I don't want to phone around any of my competitives as I find it to be nerve racking and they ask to many questions so please any help on this would be...

C2c jobs [ 1 Answers ]

Hey! I am searching for Oracle corp2corp jobs in US. Please help!

Which bid seems better? [ 6 Answers ]

Here are bids I received from two different contractors. I'm interested in anyone's opinion. Here's the house: Two story 4,000 square feet - 1,500 upstairs, 2,500 downstairs. Southern California (Orange County) Old 30 year-old Carrier split system needs to be replaced along with 8 new ducts...

Jobs [ 3 Answers ]

I was on a job for 4 years in October I had problems breathing and the doctor gave me 5 days off with an excuse the job would not except the excuse and counted it towards my attendance I was fired in February and two months later they found the cause a tumor in my head it was removed in July. My...

View more questions Search