Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jzacflynn Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 9, 2012, 12:28 PM
    Genealogy search for foster care records
    My grandmother and her sister were in Foster care about 1897- 1910 in Lewiston Maine. They were born in Boston, how can I find records, court or family records of where they were placed and why. Family lore said their parents had died, however, I found parents were still living during this time.
    karentn23 Posts: 13, Reputation: 2

Jun 18, 2013, 06:51 AM
    What was your grandma's name and what year was she born?
    jzacflynn Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 18, 2013, 04:39 PM
    My grandmother’s name was Julia M. WINTERS (Wenters). She was born 26 September 1893 in Boston and died as Julia M. TRUMBLE in Newton, MA.
    Her mother was Mary Ann HALLETT (Winters) born 9 October 1865 in Boston ; died 4 January 1913 in Boston.
    Julia’s father was James Patrick WINTERS born about 1864; do not have a death record

Julia also had 2 siblings
    Elizabeth Winters born 29 August 1899 in Boston
    William Winters born 1901 in Boston: William was adopted by the GAGNON family in Maine and became William Gagnon

Thank you for your help with looking for foster care records for Julia
    karentn23 Posts: 13, Reputation: 2

Jun 19, 2013, 05:34 AM
    I have found a few interesting things, but none that say for sure why Elizabeth and Julia were in foster care. Private message me your email address and I will send you a few things.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Foster care records [ 1 Answers ]

How can I obtain m records from the division of foster care in NYC fro 1963?

How do I obtain records from when I was in care/foster-care [ 3 Answers ]

I have tried everything to obtain records for when I was in care/foster care 1955 - 1965 to no avail I would also like to know if my mother is alive - I have not seen her since 1955. I have searched records - there are no death record for her, so hopefully she is still alive.

Tracing old foster care records [ 2 Answers ]

27 years ago my girlfriend left me taking our baby daughter with her. I never saw either of them again and I turned to drugs to help deal with the loss. My life was a mess. I have recently been diagnosed with brain damage which I was probably born with. Last week my daughter contacted me on...

Foster care records [ 1 Answers ]

I am the same I want to now why I was put in foster and moved around I'm 20 like and I need to close the case on what happed how can we get them

Foster Care Records [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: I need some help please. I am in the process of writing a book about my life and experience in Foster Care as a child. I want this book to be as close to the truth (without hurting some family members) as I can get it. I was in foster care from the age of 8 to 18 and I want to know...

View more questions Search