Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    famtnt Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 7, 2012, 01:09 PM
    How do I unscrew my moen monticello model # T2449EPP to clean the cartidge?
    I only get hot water and not cold water. How do I take off the hande? The screw won't turn?
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Apr 7, 2012, 01:58 PM
    What screw?
    There is a set screw in the underside of the handle. Make sure you have the correct Allen wrench as there also appears to be two different size set screws used.
    Attached Images

afaroo Posts: 4,006, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Apr 7, 2012, 06:50 PM
    Hello Famtnt,

Hkstroud Nailed it down for you I am just adding the following link for exploded parts view as an info,Thanks.

John

http://www.moen.com/shared/docs/expl...ws/t3129pt.pdf

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Which direction do you unscrew the white globeHampton Bay Windward II Model 523-342 ? [ 1 Answers ]

Which direction do you unscrew the white globe to get it off to replace the bulb? It does not want to budge! Hampton Bay Windward II Model 523-342 UPC 082392552961. We bought it 9/18/2004 and just now need to replace the circular light bulb. We can't get a grip on the globe and it will not move...

Moen Kitchen Faucet Cartidge Replacement - Mystery Black plastic ring? [ 1 Answers ]

I replaced a Moen kitchen faucet cartridge but was left with a black plastic ring that pulls apart. Looks like this omission has led to the faucet being very loose and sometimes the water gets stuck on as something's not catching when I push the faucet to off. Anyone know where this black ring...

Moen cartidge 109272 [ 1 Answers ]

I have a shower with a moen single faucet. I removed it and put the water back on and pr. Is good. It only 1-year old. Can the cartridge get clogged up? I have heard of leaks bur not stoping flow. The cartridge is a 109272 and lowe's said it is discontinued and i have been on the net for hours and...

I am trying to clean a drain in the tub, and cannot get the stopper to "unscrew". It [ 0 Answers ]

I am trying to clean a drain in the tub, and cannot get the stopper to "unscrew". It just twirls around without coming out. As per your expanded view above, does the #1 knob need to come apart from the #2 piece? I have never had this much trouble with a drain before.

Repair shower diverter valve of Moen Monticello spout [ 5 Answers ]

The shower diverter valve in the spout of my Moen Moentrol Single-Handle Tub/Shower spout has recently started leaking; i.e. when the shower is turned on, water now comes out of both the tub spout and the shower. This unit was an original installation in about 1999. I note that it has a slot on...

View more questions Search