Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wadudb Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 21, 2007, 08:28 AM
    H1 and H4 visa tax return
    Thanks for your quick reply.

I have few more questions and I hope you will reply me.

1. Which form 1040/1040A/1040EZ is apprpriate for me (H1B) to apply jointly with my wife (H4) and child (H4)?

2. Is there any advantage if we apply separately?

3. My elder daughter has born in Bangladesh and she is staying with me about one year in US, Can I get any benefit for this child?

4. If you give me professional support for filing Tax return, how much it cost?

Best,

Wadud
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Feb 21, 2007, 11:04 AM
    1) Either 1040 or 104A; you cannot use Form 1040EZ because of the child.

2) There are NO advantages to filing separately if your wife has no income.

3) Yes, you should be able to claim her as a dependent.

4) If you need my professional tax help, contact me at [email protected] so we can discuss rates.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

B1 visa but want to claim and return the tax [ 7 Answers ]

On year 2005, I came to USA as J1 work and travel program--so I got the SSN Then on 2006, I came to USA as B1/B2 (tourist visa) and work in USA And the problem is when I filled W-2 form (2006), I wrote EXEMPT on that form, and now they send me 1040NR-EZ and 1040NR form to fill and return to IRS...

Tax return form for H1 and H4 visa holder [ 1 Answers ]

Hi all, I am a H1B visa holder, came to US in January, 2006. I am married and I have two children, one is born in US and another one in Bangladesh. My wife and one child have H4 visa (dependent visa). I have social security number but they don't have SSC/TIN. Is there anybody can tell me how...

H2B visa tax return policy [ 1 Answers ]

I am a single worker with a h2b visa since last year in usa and I would like to know what taxes I will be eligible to get back from the government ,in what percentage.I am working in California and I pay taxes like american citizens.

L1 visa tax return filing for dependents, self [ 1 Answers ]

Iam on L1 visa workpermit in US, Foreign National, resident alien, (2005-2006) worked from sep-05 to Apr-06 as Single status (ie,. I did not bring my dependents). Returned to home country in 2006 April, and back to US again in Oct-06 to till date with dependents (ie wife + kids). I received my...

Tax Return for H3b Visa holder [ 1 Answers ]

A friend of mine is currently working in th U.S on a H-3B visa. She has been advised that she can only claim back $602 of the $2335,62 in Federal Tax that she has paid in over the last year... is this possible ?

View more questions Search