Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Thomaeo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 6, 2012, 07:18 PM
    How to connect new concrete column to old concrete column
    I've got an existing concrete structure which is attached to a wooden house but they both share the same concrete floor. My client wants to convert the wooden house into concrete as well which means I will have to place new columns against existing columns. Can anyone tell me what is the best way to make that connection between existing column, beam and new column, beam?

Thanks
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Apr 16, 2012, 04:20 PM
    You pin the columns together with steel rods. This is done by drilling the existing column, cementing the rods in place then building the new column and fitting /cementing the rods into the new column

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to connect abs to concrete pipe [ 2 Answers ]

I have to replace a 45 degree bend in my concrete sewer line that was damaged by roots. Can I do this with ABS? I know I can make the connection to one (non flared end) with a rubber adapter boot, but how do I make the connection to the other side on the which is flared? Also I want to put in a...

Create column with descending numbers corresponding to data in another column. [ 1 Answers ]

I created an alphabetized column with names. In another column I put an x next to those names that were heads of households leaving the rest blank. I would like to create a new column that would recognize the x then insert a number in the cell next to the x in descending order (i.e. 1-50).

How to Connect PVC to Concrete in Sewer Pipes [ 1 Answers ]

Hi! I am experiencing slow drainage in my main sewer and a plummer told me there are roots in the system. I dug a trench to locate the main sewer, which I found. It consists of 2 feet of 4" cast iron pipe that is then connected to concrete like pipes that are about 5.5 inches thick in...

View more questions Search