Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jbrannon Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 21, 2007, 07:40 AM
    Pressurized water storage tank
    When I turn the pump on to our camp well, I hear a gurgling sound from our pressurized water storage tank. Everything seems to work fine and cycling is good but the gurgling sound is getting worse. It only occurs the first time I turn the well pump on. The pump is turned off when we leave and we are usually gone 3 to 6 weeks.
    doug238 Posts: 1,560, Reputation: 62
    Ultra Member

Feb 21, 2007, 09:06 PM
    The tank is probably draining while you are away. The gurgling you hear may simply be the air that has entered the tank.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Water tank height versus water pressure [ 3 Answers ]

I'm not a physicist so I need your help. I live in Mexico. We have a water tank sitting on the roof - there is no pressure pump. The water pressure in the house is very low. Is there a rule of thumb (for the common man) that will tell me how how much pressure increase will result from raising...

Low water pressure from hot water tank [ 8 Answers ]

I drained my water supply when fitting new bathroom suite I have turn the mains water back on but I am not getting any pressure from the hot water taps the cold is fine

Hot water venting into cold water tank [ 7 Answers ]

Hello, I posted my query here a while back but unfortunately it appears to have been left to fester :confused: (query was hot water from cold water tap). After a couple more visits by a plumber, his view is that the hot water tank is overheating, venting hot water into the cold water tank at the...

Can one shut off water main valve but leave gas hot water tank on? [ 4 Answers ]

I would like to know if I go away for two days and shut my main water shutoff valve can I leave my gas hot water tank on. I saw two answers To a similar question and one answer said you can leave it on and the other Said you had to shut it off. I am confused now as to whether I can leave the gas...

Cold storage tank problem [ 3 Answers ]

I keep getting an orange sludge in the cold water tank, which restricts the cold water flow into my power shower. Where is the sludge coming from and how do I stop it

View more questions Search