Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    TC2012 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 5, 2012, 11:34 PM
    Need Casablanca model 4444 ceiling fan controller board 1/2W (small) resistor value.
    Hi,
    I am trying to repair a Casablanca Four Seasons Ceiling Fan Model 4444 (Early 1980's Vintage).

I am looking for the value of the small single resistor (R1) on the fan speed board, mine is blown, color code unreadable, and can't be measured on an ohm meter.
    If anyone has one on the bench and could send me the color code I'd appreciate it.

The controller board says VARI-QUIET 1954270 on it.
    It has 2 large 3.9 ohm resistors, a large 10 uf capacitor, 4 diodes, a MOV surge supressor, and the blown resistor of unknown value on it.

Extra points if you have a copy of the schematic as well. :-)
    TC2012 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 6, 2012, 12:49 AM
    I also heard there is a resistor in the motor housing somewhere, can anyone verfiy that? And the resistor value if possible. Thanks again.
    stanfortyman Posts: 5,598, Reputation: 279
    Electrical & Lighting Expert

Apr 6, 2012, 12:16 PM
    Typically those boards are replaced, not repaired. NOS boards are available online if you can find them.
    js_ny1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 12, 2012, 07:12 PM
    Have you gotten any good answers? I have the same problem. The resistor (R1) looks like red-violet-red-gold, which is 2700 ohms 5%. The only problem is that the third band was discolored and the red is only a guess.
    shuntripper Posts: 180, Reputation: 8

Oct 13, 2012, 01:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by js_ny1 View Post
    Have you gotten any good answers? I have the same problem. The resistor (R1) looks like red-violet-red-gold, which is 2700 ohms 5%. The only problem is that the third band was discolored and the red is only a guess.
    Is this a good answer? Troubleshooting Electronic equipment and appliances is really not part of the Electrical trade.
    While some of us may have some limited knowledge, we usually do not even turn on new equipment like air conditioning the first time, that is the A/C guy's job

One of these things is not like the other
    j a y j a y j a Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 2, 2013, 08:39 AM
    39 ohms, I am looking for the value of the potentiometer, mine is blown
    jasperspiffy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 30, 2013, 08:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by j a y j a y j a View Post
    39 ohms, I am looking for the value of the potentiometer, mine is blown
    I am in the process to repair my Casablanca Zephyr CB-1222 ceeiling fan ; stuck at high speed... any answer/suggestion?

R1 is 39 ohms, R2/R3 3.9 ohms, Pot is 0 - 5K (part # 1954150), but no info about watt...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Casablanca ceiling fan Model CB14022T blown circuit board [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have 2 older model Casablanca fans that both have the same problem, the circuit board that controls the light is blown. The control is a W11 that controls the light intensity and the fan speed. I want to bypass the board and install a universal control Model #0103185 made by Harbor Breeze....

Casablanca Ceiling Fan Not Working [ 4 Answers ]

Hi. I bought a Casablanca Ventura 6722T fan with Inteli Touch in September of 2010. It appears that the circuit board located inside the motor housing has gone bad and, if I am reading the warranty correctly, this board has only a 1 year warranty. I found a troubleshooting guide that allowed me...

How to access the circuit board in my Casablanca Intelitouch fan. [ 0 Answers ]

We have replaced the Intelitouch controller for our Casablanca fan but the fan nor the lights work. There is no tone heard at power on. Is this a circuit board problem? How do we access the circuit board in the Casablanca Intelitouch fan.

Casablanca ceiling fan troubleshooting [ 1 Answers ]

My ceiling fan makes a clicking noise each time the fan rotates When the speed of rotation is increased, the clicking noise also increases. Several years ago this was happening and a Casablance repair person fixed it, bit I don't remember what he did. He came from Graham's Service in Deep River...

Casablanca ceiling fan question [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Casablanca ceiling fan with sleath Intel-i Touch. My light will not dim and stays on all the time and the fan will not run unless the light is on, which makes it hard to sleep with the light on (joke). What is the promblem?

View more questions Search