Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Apr 5, 2012, 11:22 AM
    True or false?
    Yeah I'm back, and wondering if I'll be allowed to let liberals speak for themselves this time...

“The Republican Party is Gay-bashing, Muslim-bashing, Latino-bashing, immigrant-bashing, women-bashing every day”
    True or false? Who's really bashing who?
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Apr 5, 2012, 11:26 AM
    This tells me that the Obots are concerned that they won't get a youth vote turnout like they did in 2008 .So they are ginning up as many periphery issues as possible to divert from their poor performance.
    Ultra Member

Apr 5, 2012, 01:47 PM
    This must be the bashing in question today, Reince Priebus compared women to caterpillars or something and Augusta still won't allow women.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Apr 5, 2012, 03:26 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    This tells me that the Obots are concerned that they won't get a youth vote turnout like they did in 2008 .So they are ginning up as many periphery issues as possible to divert from their poor performance.
    Of course he is concerned with the youth turnout. In that category they have an over 50% unemployment rate. Maybe they should have asked about the shovel ready jobs ?
    TUT317 Posts: 657, Reputation: 76

Apr 5, 2012, 03:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by speechlesstx View Post
    This must be the bashing in question today, Reince Priebus compared women to caterpillars or something and Augusta still won't allow women.

That's an easy one. Reince Priebus is not comparing women to caterpillars.

Tut
    Ultra Member

Apr 5, 2012, 04:30 PM
    Obama thinks women are more concerned about membership to Augusta than the price of groceries .
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Apr 5, 2012, 06:40 PM
    Reince Priebus compared women to caterpillars or something and Augusta still won't allow women.
    Hello steve:

If my party had a war on women, and it was showing up STRONGLY in the polls, I too, would pretend it was about the high price of groceries.

On the subject of your OP, I promise, on behalf of ALL liberals, that we won't bash right wingers any more. Feel better?

excon
    Ultra Member

Apr 6, 2012, 04:45 AM
    I assure you that the high price of groceries is of greater concern to the majority of American women than free contraception . But let's examine Obama's record of women participation on the links with him. According to the NY Slimes ,he played 23 rounds of golf in his personal mens only club until he finally invited a woman to play along... and that only happened because to President was getting some heat for running an all mens club environment in the White House.
    http://www.nytimes.com/2009/10/25/us...vibe.html?_r=3

The White House Boys' Club: President Obama Has a Woman Problem | Swampland | TIME.com

I guess it's fine if we spend our time here discussing Augusta club's gender policies ;but I would hope the President would have more on his plate.
    Uber Member

Apr 6, 2012, 06:21 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    I assure you that the high price of groceries is of greater concern to the majority of American women than free contraception
    Hello again, tom:

FREE Contraception?? Caterpillars?? As long as you MISCAST and/or DENY the problem, it's going to dog you, and that makes me happy.

The economy didn't change over the last month, but you guys went from being AHEAD to being far, far behind. Why? I KNOW, and you do too.

excon
    Ultra Member

Apr 6, 2012, 06:26 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello steve:

If my party had a war on women, and it was showing up STRONGLY in the polls, I too, would pretend it was about the high price of groceries.

On the subject of your OP, I promise, on behalf of ALL liberals, that we won't bash right wingers any more. Feel better?
    No sir, I wish Howard Dean would speak his mind more often. And dude, there was never any war on women and you know it.

I mean really, most of us are married or have girlfriends (or both I reckon), have daughters, work with or for women and otherwise have women as a huge part of our lives. I adore women, I cook for my wife most days and spend more time with "my girls" at work than I do anyone else. But hey, if you can't run on your record then make stuff up. I get it. You apparently don't get that my wife is much more concerned about the price of groceries and gas than buying birth control pills for everyone.

P.S. Did you notice in tom's article that Obama played 23 rounds of golf between January and October of 2009 before inviting a single woman to his foursome? I've played golf with women more than him and I love it.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Apr 6, 2012, 07:22 AM
    P.S. Did you notice in tom's article that Obama played 23 rounds of golf between January and October of 2009 before inviting a single woman to his foursome?
    That's not rare at all, in fact it's the norm. The uptake for golf for women is very low. Other than fun scrambles it isn't often that I play a round with a woman... I'd love to!
    Ultra Member

Apr 6, 2012, 07:39 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma View Post
    That's not rare at all, in fact it's the norm. The uptake for golf for women is very low. Other than fun scrambles it isn't often that I play a round with a woman...I'd love to!
    You're right, is "the norm" for those men allegedly fighting for "women's rights" to exclude them. Thanks for clearing that up.
    Uber Member

Apr 6, 2012, 07:41 AM
    Once again you misrepresent what someone said. That's why you're not taken seriously.
    Ultra Member

Apr 6, 2012, 08:08 AM
    Just following your example.

P.S. I sure manage to get a lot of attention here to be "not taken seriously".
    Uber Member

Apr 6, 2012, 08:09 AM
    And dude, there was never any war on women and you know it.
    Hello again, Steve:

No, I don't know that at all. What I DO know that while JOBS were what Republicans ran on, H.R 3, No Taxpayer Funding for Abortion, was the THIRD piece of business for newly installed right wingers...

Since then, the attack has been consistent and relentless. Just over just the last few weeks, when the right wing's popularity was plummeting, we heard the Limp one call women sluts and prostitutes for wanting access to birth control... We had the Blunt amendment... We had INTER VAGINAL probes.. And, THAT was just on the federal level..

Mississippi is just one small example of what the states are doing. We have the Virginia governor telling women if they don't want to watch what the state is MANDATING their doctor to do, they can close their eyes.. All the women I know, LOVE that part.

Have you asked any of the women you love whether they'd LIKE that?? Nahhhh, you didn't.

excon
    Ultra Member

Apr 6, 2012, 08:23 AM
    Again, which of these is a "war on women" and which is manufactured outrage? No taxpayer funding for abortion is a war against making me pay for violating my conscience in the murder of babies. In fact, they're all about protecting the most innocent life among us, while the "pro-choice" crowd continues to push the boundaries. Protecting children is not a "war on women", you guys are just making stuff up to distract from this administrations failures.

Just when you thought the religious right couldn’t get any crazier, with its personhood amendments and its attacks on contraception, here comes the academic left with an even crazier idea: after-birth abortion.

No, I didn’t make this up. “Partial-birth abortion” is a term invented by pro-lifers. But “after-birth abortion” is a term invented by two philosophers, Alberto Giubilini and Francesca Minerva. In the Journal of Medical Ethics, they propose:

[W]hen circumstances occur after birth such that they would have justified abortion, what we call after-birth abortion should be permissible. … [W]e propose to call this practice ‘after-birth abortion’, rather than ‘infanticide,’ to emphasize that the moral status of the individual killed is comparable with that of a fetus … rather than to that of a child. Therefore, we claim that killing a newborn could be ethically permissible in all the circumstances where abortion would be. Such circumstances include cases where the newborn has the potential to have an (at least) acceptable life, but the well-being of the family is at risk.
    What next, killing granny too? Why does the left hate babies and old people?
    Uber Member

Apr 6, 2012, 08:37 AM
    Again, which of these is a "war on women" and which is manufactured outrage? No taxpayer funding for abortion is a war against making me pay for violating my conscience in the murder of babies.
    Hello again, Steve:

Couple things... The Hyde Amendment made taxpayer funding for abortion illegal way back in '76. So it LOOKS like HB 3 was piling on. What do YOU think it was for?

I understand that you don't favor abortion... Then get it reversed. But, short of doing that, if you chip away at what IS a woman's LEGAL right, it LOOKS like you're perpetrating a war against HER.

I KNOW you don't see it that way, but I'm pretty sure WOMEN do. Oh, not your right wing women - just the ordinary ones.

excon
    Ultra Member

Apr 6, 2012, 08:52 AM
    Every "ordinary" woman I know - and I don't bother to ask them their political leanings - is pro-baby. And the "Hyde Amendment" is not a law as even your link reports. HB3 isn't "piling on", it's making the ban against federal funds for abortion permanent. So since Hyde is renewed every year there should be no outrage over making the ban permanent. Ready for your next manufactured outrage, sir.
    Uber Member

Apr 6, 2012, 10:41 AM
    Ultra Member

Apr 6, 2012, 10:55 AM
    I suppose we're supposed to take that ridiculous thing seriously?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

True or false [ 1 Answers ]

Large molecules containing carbon atoms are called micromolecules.

If a = b, then a - c = b - c is it true or false [ 1 Answers ]

If a = b, then a - c = b - c is it true or false

True or false? [ 3 Answers ]

An inference functions the same as a conclusion of an argument?

True or false [ 1 Answers ]

True or false: In a unit circle, the radian measure of a central angle and the length of the intercepted arc are equal. True or false: In a unit circle, the degree measure of a central angle and the length of the intercepted arc are equal.

True or false [ 2 Answers ]

Is it true that the us is a unitary state because power is divided between the central gov. and the local gov?

View more questions Search