Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Cuhullain Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 5, 2012, 05:12 AM
    Relationship Crisis - My Girlfriend doesn't like my behavior when we are out together
    My girlfriend finds my behaviour embarrassing when we are out together and gets angry and short tempered with me. I am very outgoing but my behaviour is not offensive and her friends all like me. She just has a strong reaction to it and now she wants to end our 2 year relationship, we even got engaged about a year ago. She thinks it's an incompatibility issue but I think we can solve it. We have had a lot of stress lately that has contributed to it. It's the last chance to save this relationship and I know we both love each other, what should I do?
    redhed35 Posts: 4,221, Reputation: 1910
    Ultra Member

Apr 5, 2012, 05:43 AM
    You obviously behaved the same way when you first met and in the 2 years together, your engaged, so there also must be plenty that she loves about you, there is a compromise i.e you tone it down when your out together with your friends, however, it also depends on what excatly she has a problem with, example, does she say your too flirty with her friends or too touchy feely, are you drinking too much?

Can you provide more information, perhaps an example for a more rounded reply.
    Cuhullain Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 5, 2012, 06:26 AM
    I'm never touchy feely with her friends, I never flirt with anyone in front of her (I think it's disrespectful) and I drink a little too heavily, but this has been compounded by the stress of buying a home together and my starting a business where I am alone all day. I use alcohol as a release and am transferring that to exercise as the weather is getting better. But she is annoyed even when I'm sober and talking to her friend that I have known for about 8 years. She says I am too serious and over talkative, but I like to help people with their problems and am quite compassionate and understanding. Everyone else likes me a lot and she only seems to have this problem when we are out with other people. Even when we are out alone everything is fine.
    funmum22 Posts: 6, Reputation: 2

Apr 5, 2012, 06:34 AM
    How willing is she to try to resolve these issues?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 5, 2012, 09:11 PM
    Its rather common for couples under stress to be bad at getting along, given your little time together. I think if you cannot communicate and find a way to resolve your issues, and make adjustments that work for you both, then this will never work.

So get a quiet place, at a quiet time, and calmly talk about it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What is my relationship status?ex girlfriend ? Girlfriend ? Or friend? [ 6 Answers ]

Okayy, the problem is... I was with him from July 2010 till oct 2010.. then he decided to end our relationship for unclear reasons.. (he hides something but I still don't know what).and he instantly got a new girlfriend for a week! After the break,I said we're done and warns to stop contacting...

Girlfriend doesn't want relationship now? [ 30 Answers ]

Ok, so where do I begin. I'm 22 and my girlfriend is about to turn 19 in July. We have been together for four years and they have been great. So good that I'm almost a part of her family. We went to Chicago for a week as vacation time and it was good for the both of us. We came back and thing...

My daughters behavior causes problems within my relationship. [ 7 Answers ]

My spouse and I have been together for a year and during this time my 11year old daughter has tried everything to make this as unpleasurable as she can. She wines, is disobedient and causes arguments so bad that the possibility of breaking up arises. We love each other very much. And I love my...

My relationship with my girlfriend [ 7 Answers ]

Well you see its been about 11 months of us being together. Ever since we started have sex and what not she always starts arguing with me... why I don't know but, anways that's one problem... well I got big problems... I have barley enough income to make it back in forth too school and she expects...

10 Year Relationship in Crisis [ 29 Answers ]

WARNING THIS IS LONG AND MULTIPLE POSTS Greetings. My name is Jake and my ex-fiancee is Nina. This is my first time posting here and first time ever visiting a site like this. Please bare with me while I explain my situation in seeking help. Im 28 years old and my ex-fiancee is 27. I have been...

View more questions Search