Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kindj Posts: 253, Reputation: 105

Apr 4, 2012, 01:33 PM
    Swollen salivary gland after taking a hit to the face
    So last night, I was at a friend's martial arts studio where we were working on various techniques.

At one point, the edge of his hand caught me where my neck and jaw come together on the left side. The hit was harder than he meant it to be, and I screwed up the defense.

Right there on the left side, the salivary gland area began to hurt a bit. Nothing major, but definitely noticeable. It hurt for the rest of the night, and this morning was quite visibly swollen. I've taken loads of Motrin, swilled tons of water, and iced it as much and as often as I can stand it.

Anything I'm missing or need to look for?

Check out some similar questions!

Salivary gland [ 0 Answers ]

What could cause a salivary gland to swell double its size after taking antibiotics and what could we do to help it?

Swollen Gland, Lump behind ear [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, My right gland in my throat is very swollen and tender. It hurts when I yawn. I now have a lump behind my ear which is painful to touch. What could it be? Is it mumps? Thanks

Swollen Salivary Glands? [ 9 Answers ]

Hello, This may sound silly. I have these two hard lumps directly under my jaw about the size of large marbles (peach pits, but rounder). They have been like that for at least 6 months. I have also had my sinuses draining down the back of my throat constantly for over a year. A few months ago...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.